Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : P800 retracted from shops because they are gonna add some new memory stick features??
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > P800 retracted from shops because they are gonna add some new memory stick features?? Bookmark topic
Page <  12

fijbert Posts: > 500

if they retract the phone.. it wont be fair to all those who already hv it
it's like releasing a T68 with 4096 colors...
SE wldnt do that.. they arent Nokia (6310i)
--
Posted: 2003-01-19 04:40:00
Edit : Quote

jplacson Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2003-01-15 12:06, Coramoor wrote:
This is what they told me at the shop where I was going to purchase my p800.
wouldn't get more of them before february.
Please say this is a downright lie. I need that phone bad...

Well, that WAS true...the initial batch of P800s did NOT come with the Memstick Duo slot, that's why the initial release date of October 2002 was not met. That might've been what your shop was talking about.

The current batch is already the final release version... although a lot of promised software is still missing (UK language only) and Opera UIQ browser still not available.

For those people who don't need the power (or the size) of the P800... well, I'd wait and see what SE will come up with to follow the T68i. Remember that the T300 is NOT the successor of the T68i. The P800 is the DIRECT successor of the R380 Communicator. The T68i currently has nothing following. And SE (well, Ericsson at least) always has a tiny 'lifestyle' phone that features the latest technology as well.

History of 'lifestyle' phones of Ericsson/SE
GF788 - first 'tiny' GSM phone
T10/T18- affordable 'tiny' phones
T28 - first mobile to use Li-Pol battery
T39 - first mobile to offer tri-band, GPRS, WAP, Bluetooth, IR, Email, and 2-bit grayscale screen all in one... plus ultra efficient battery life.
T68m/i - first full color GSM phone offering full PIM functions and all of the features of the T39, plus MMS.

So far, we've seen the new line up for the low-end (T300) and high-end (P800). We have yet to see SE's lineup for the mid-range/business end (successor of the R520) and the lifestyle (high-end, small phones) lineup.
--
Posted: 2003-01-19 05:35:00
Edit : Quote
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home