Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2018 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 542543544 ... 578579580>

badassmam Posts: > 500

Small bezels do not equal high quality, the XZ2 screen quality is on par with the S9 and better than the rest. Huawei triple camera is marginally better than the single camera in the XZ2 and lets not go into the whole waterproofing thing. There is more to life than bezels, Sony just screwed up the XZ2 designs but did well otherwise. Lets be real, the S10 will outsell all of them despite those relatively large bezels.

I was speaking to a marketing psychologist recently. She was saying that people have a very good idea of what they want to buy before they go and buy a phone for example. They research it and make a subconscious shortlist and very rarely do they change and get something not on their list. A lot of people that rant have no intention of buying the thing so they will pick holes in whatever they can find, its human nature. The posts change dramatically if a person needs to buy a new phone, that's when rational comparisons are made and then you see the value of each product.

The one main reason why the XZ2 hasn't done too well is because it is a bit too large. The Compact is perfect but it looks like doggy poo and the Premium is just massive for nothing. Make it pretty and compact for it to sell, nothing more to add.
--
Posted: 2018-08-14 10:23:10
Edit : Quote

tk007 Posts: 173

This cant be s10 i bet on it s9 is already a flop and samsung cant afford to do that again
--
Posted: 2018-08-14 10:47:42

Lonewolf223 Posts: 361

Badassmans views are somewhat correct

But people dont know about yhe blazing fast ui experience in sony devices, its much faster than one plus phones. Its really worth marketing
--
Posted: 2018-08-14 13:56:34

ascariss Posts: > 500

Most people buy with their eyes first. So a company can claim the brightest screen, the best ui, the best camera, but if the phone doesn't catch the eye, then those great feature won't matter.
--
Posted: 2018-08-14 16:20:00

Moe87 Posts: > 500

The i8+ has better sales than iX. It looks better and also less expensive.
I doubt Find and Nex together will sell that much.

China = anything that looks like iphone becomes popular ( except Lenovo)
USA = most buy phones from Verizon, T Mobile or AT&T , not unlocked
South America = most dont care about flagships due price, Moto G and Galaxy J dominate marketshare
India = devices above $600 will never succeed

What's left for Sony?

A) try to take #1 from Apple in Japan
B) be the #2 in Taiwan
C) sell device similar to XA2 in South America for no more than $300
D) increase sales in key places of Europe ( UK, Germany and Scandinavia)
E) deal with one carrier in USA

--
Posted: 2018-08-14 18:26:16

S4k1s Posts: > 500

@badassmam, I was due to upgrade from my XZ to XZ2 but I didn't. As I wrote in the XZ2 thread
The phone has only one deal breaker for me and it's not the thickness or the bezels or the size or the lack of top bottom symmetry or even the lack of the 3.5, it's the FPS [location] on the back, 99% of the tries I put my finger on the camera lens, even while the phone rested in my hand my finger was on the camera lens.

And I have been a user since 1997, a user after that and from 2012 a Sony user. So it's not entirely true people only try to pick holes and have no intention of buying, I had every intention of buying the XZ2 but its flaws put me off and I did something I never done before, I bought an older model, the XZs (brand new for 250 euro!) and now I'm waiting for IFA or in worst case scenario MWC 2019 for the next Sony.
--
Posted: 2018-08-14 19:44:05

badassmam Posts: > 500

@S4k1s

My post was regarding others who continually bash the slightest thing because they will never really want to look at an Xperia as an option to buy hence the bashing.

You're like me in many ways, I always buy Sony but I've been buying older models at lower prices because there have been very few devices that have been first day buys. I got the Z1 Compact straight away and I really liked the Z5 that I had a green one and a grey one. Others like the XZ and X Performance didn't last long.
--
Posted: 2018-08-14 21:04:33

xpr Posts: 329

On 2018-08-14 19:44:05, S4k1s wrote:
@badassmam, I was due to upgrade from my XZ to XZ2 but I didn't. As I wrote in the XZ2 thread
The phone has only one deal breaker for me and it's not the thickness or the bezels or the size or the lack of top bottom symmetry or even the lack of the 3.5, it's the FPS [location] on the back, 99% of the tries I put my finger on the camera lens, even while the phone rested in my hand my finger was on the camera lens.

I guess you can't please everyone. I find the location perfect. If anything, it might be a problem when you put the device in a phone holder in the car. Maybe the under the screen is the way to go.

--
Posted: 2018-08-14 21:46:35

xpr Posts: 329

I suspect Sony was working hard in spreading disinformation and false rumors. It seems they're hiding the real deal and I hope we'll be surprised.
--
Posted: 2018-08-14 23:03:34

vivftp Posts: > 500

Well we always seem to get a certain amount of disinformation leading up to IFA, CES or MWC, but yeah this seems to be more than normal.

Design and features are one thing, but Sony's really gotta work on their marketing strategy.
--
Posted: 2018-08-14 23:05:32
Page <  123 ... 542543544 ... 578579580>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home