Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : T68-Internet-bluetooth card
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > T68-Internet-bluetooth card Bookmark topic
gotcha Posts: 13

Is there anoyone that could give me some advice ?
I travel a lot and need to connect my laptop to the internet and want to use my t68.its a compaq laptop running windows xp.
Can i use a bluetooth pc-card or should i use cable ?Is ther anyone who has tried this and can tell me whats the best solution ?
--
Posted: 2002-01-24 21:12:00
Edit : Quote

jh67 Posts: > 500

You can use both. The bluetooth card is a bit easier,..well, because of the size alone.

Infrared is another option, but a bit more difficult, because the phone and laptop have to be positioned next to each other.

I would go for the bluetooth card.

Most of the bluetooth-card manufactures have or are about to release xp-drivers for their cards.

Anycom and TDK are some of the better known brands.

Jan

[ This Message was edited by: jh67 on 2002-01-24 21:28 ]
--
Posted: 2002-01-24 21:27:00

Merkur Posts: 311

The far easyest thing is to use the Standard Infrared modem port, it is already installed, and all you need to do is make a Dial up networking connection, use the *99***1# number, for GPRS or a regular ISP's settings if there is no GPRS connection available.

I have tryed this, and strangely this seems to work!
--
Posted: 2002-01-24 22:50:00

phoenix7177 Posts: 6

Iīve installed a BT PCMCIA Card on my Laptop with a GPRS Internet Connection and it works fine. Itīs not so easy to install it because when you install the normal Software (Anycom BT Card) you canīt creat a Internet connection. You have to install manual the BT Card as a modem. Thatīs not so easy. Sorry about my english but Iīm a German.
--
Posted: 2002-02-10 23:46:00

arnoldc Posts: > 500

So guys, how do you find the speed and reliability of the connection? Are you all satisfied?

Is the Ericsson Mobile Phone Monitor able to use bluetooth as well? Which means you can sync with XTND Connect PC. Is this so?

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-02-11 09:37 ]
--
Posted: 2002-02-11 09:35:00

luguff Posts: 68

Dude, go with the bluetooth solution. Works without any problems. But make sure there are drivers for the card for your OS. You have to be able to create a DUN connection. Then dial *99# and you're up and running.

--
Posted: 2002-02-11 09:49:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home