Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : Review Nokia 7210
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > Review Nokia 7210 Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

Raven Posts: > 500

I think the review is lacking in details mainly because, although you've
listed up all the functions of the phone, you did not list up very good how these functions worked/performed. For example I'd like to know how the wap function performed and if the GPRS connection was fast and stable. And the games, what were they like? Writing and sending a sms,-fast? Easy? Many steps before it was actually sent? The sound of the radio, good or bad? And if you say it's like the 6510 that means nothing to me cause I haven't tried it. You see what I mean? I would like to read a review that digs a little deeper, cause to me there was nothing new in that review.
Just my $0.02....
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 00:50:00
Edit : Quote

EldarMurtazin Posts: 130

I don't know models from Nokia with problems in GPRS or WAP, 7210 haven't such problems and I don't write it. It's simple, isnt it?!
The similar situation with sms, if you saw one model from Nokia then you saw 7210, all features similar.
I don't write review for dummies, you should know something about mobile phones before reading article.
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 09:22:00

How am I supposed to know that? I mean, I like to think I know a little something about mobiles, but the 7210 is a totally new model that has not yet been officially released, and the nokias I've owned didn't even have WAP nor GPRS. Like you said in your review, the 7210 is the first phone from Nokia with a colour display and you compare it with the T68 which is the first phone from Ericsson/SE with a colour display, and that one sometimes suffers from a slow and unstable GPRS connection, slow sms writing and generally a slow user interface. The reason I'm so interested in this review is because I'm planning on buying this phone, or the Samsung s100, or both, I don't know yet. And in my opinion your review seems tainted with a pre-dislike towards Nokia which kinda bugs me cause that makes me feel that maybe you're not as objective in your review as I think you should be. So yes, in my opinion a review for dummies would be a good thing when it comes to new mobile phones(atleast for me).

[ This Message was edited by: Raven on 2002-09-12 10:18 ]
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 11:11:00

It isn't real to write in each review common things. Ask about small things in forum, it's real practice. If I saw some mistakes I write about it, that's simple. And of course, all reviews subjective, if you want objective information then read description of features, only this information can be objective.
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 11:19:00

Yes, of course I realise that all reviews are subjective, but there are degrees of that as in everything else... Again, these are just my thoughts, nothing personal.
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 11:29:00

mhorton Posts: > 500

I'm sorry to say that is the uglyest phone I have ever seen.
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 12:37:00

errorken Posts: 28

EldarMurtazin:

If you dont touch the 7210 for a while, does it show a screensaver ? And if it does, can you disable it ? So it wont show any sort of screensaver even if you dont touch it for 24h orso ?

(the t68i shows a screensaver wich you can't turn off -> clock screensaver)

btw; nice review !

--
Posted: 2002-09-12 13:46:00

You could diasable screensaver from menu, it's similar to T68. But you couldn't choose image for screensaver, just digital clock.
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 14:23:00

caff Posts: > 500

Does it has picture phonebook functions like T68i?? I doubt it...........anyone knows??
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 15:12:00

Deltayoda Posts: > 500

So you mean the screensaver is almost similar to the T68i clock screensaver, just that you can turn it off?

If that's true, I think that's pretty lame

--
Posted: 2002-09-14 11:44:00
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home