Esato Mobile
Regional : Americas : something only I could love
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Americas > something only I could love Bookmark topic
shawnmccall9 Posts: > 500

I got a great deal on Windows XP Pro direct from microsoft. 40 USD plus shipping 8.95 USD. You get some other stuff too, like chewing gum. Its a promotion. I had to pay a bit for the tip, and I'll pass it on to anybody here for 15 USD to my paypal account. I will guarentee to refund your money if Microsoft denies it. That's a 300 USD operating system for 65 USD total (40 + 9 + 15). This won't be for everybody, but if your systems runs slow or crashes you may like it as much as I do. Only good for USA, including Hawaii and Alaska. PM me if interrested, I check sometimes

here's my ebay feedback, same screenname!!!!
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...ccall9&items=25

--
Posted: 2002-09-11 16:34:00
Edit : Quote

ElGato Posts: 328

Why not get it for free instead?
--
Posted: 2002-09-11 16:45:00

from where? a legal version, direct from Microsoft? I wish I would have known where to get it for free...
--
Posted: 2002-09-11 20:10:00

mixin Posts: > 500

you cant get legit versions for free
--
Posted: 2002-09-11 21:18:00

Well there was actually a way to get free XP, quite legitimate (almost).
I belive dell had a commercial for a new computer with windows xp.
On their site, you could check out the computer, spin it around and see it from every angle.
They forgot about one thing though. The serial sticker.
You could just spin the computer around and zoom in on the sticker with the serial numer.

So if you happen to get your hands on a legit copy of xp, without serial, you could just visit dell's homepage and get it. (but then, how likely does that sound..)

Nowadays of course you can just search for a serial and get it.
But that commercial was up when xp was new..
--
Posted: 2002-09-11 23:17:00

@ El Gato
Man, that's a lot of work to get a 60 dollar operating system. I'd make more money in a few hours worth of work!!!! Yeah, in general, I do this legitimately, that way I have a warranty. warranty is crucial to me. Like today, my steering was shaking, so I took the car for service. My belts in the tires were starting to separate, so I got two new tires as they were still under warranty. With Windows, unlike Linux, there are many, many issues, thus it is important to be able to update on'e OS as M$ fixes the problems that should have been addressed before being releaesed. But we all know M$ is money hungry anyways

[ This Message was edited by: shawnmccall9 on 2002-09-12 03:16 ]
--
Posted: 2002-09-12 04:13:00

Allright then.. I forgive you

--
Posted: 2002-09-12 11:46:00

many thanks
--