Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Software, Firmware and Drivers : I HAVE TRIED COMPOSING AN MMS! :-D
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > I HAVE TRIED COMPOSING AN MMS! :-D Bookmark topic
Page12>

trancedancer Posts: 206

Hi all!
I have been to Comdex in Gothenbourg and tried out and checked what features were new in the MMS-phones that they had to show there. I forgot to see what version of the software it was, but it was the MMS-version because they were demonstrating how to make, send and receive MMS-messages-and it was REALLY COOL!
I'll write down some things that I noticed were different from the version most of us are using at the moment-R2A:
*The possibility to store colourimages, the phone I tried had 49 pictures in the memory, nice colourpictures (I don't know the limit, but I assume it depends on how many other things You have stored).
*You can choose what categories will be shown when editing a contact, meaning You can choose Yourself what fields will be displayed and what fields will not (for example, Homenr., Mobilenr., Worknr., Emailadress etc. This I liked, because I only use home, mobile, other number and emailadress and when editing, it's faster to scroll through the fields when You can choose Yourself what fields will be displaye and what fields will not instead of ALL of them!). It didn't seem that they had made it possible yet to be able to view ALL fields with information when choosing a contact in the contactlist like I suggeted to the Ericsson Support Center...maybe in the future??? I miss it a lot from my Nokia!!!!
*When editing ringtones, You can see a keyboard like on a piano and each tone is displayed on the keyboard at the same time a You see the letter for it, cool! I didn't have time to try this out this time...
*When viewing how much memory is used and how much is left in the phone, it will be displayed i kb, that's cool! The phone I checked had some images and other things like themes installed and when I checked the meny for remaing ammount of memory, it said that there were almos 600 kb left, so the total ammount of memory is more than that, how much I don't know, I am afraid...and the girl I asked didn't know either.
*You can choose from the images on the phone which one will be Your screensaver, that means before it turns black and shows the time...it was actually cool, because it stays for a while and can be different from the background You have at the moment, and all the information like time etc. dissappears...
*The picture-editor seemed to be different, but I didn't get time to try that one either... I don't know if it is yet possible to choose other colours than black and white when editing or creating a backgroundimage or and EMS or MMS-image...I hope it will be possible if it is not already!
*The icons are different when entering the "meny" where You choose what function You want to enable...much nicer than the ones we have! And the background was very nice when changing themes (the background behind the icons that is!).
*The phone I tried had four or five themes installed, named "Winter", "Autumn", "Spring" and "Summer"...they were VERY NICE!!! The colours were green and blue etc. and VERY nice to view!
*One negative thing on the phone I was trying, was that TETRIS was REMOVED! ((
I asked about this, but the girl didn't know anything about this and said that the version in those phones WEREN'T the final version...I REALLY HOPE SHE IS RIGHT-BECAUSE, TETRIS IS THE GAME I LIKE MOST OF ALL AND PLAY ALL THE TIME!!!! ERICSSON, D O N'T REMOVE TETRIS, OK!!!???

This was some of the things that I noticed trying the phone for a while in Gothenbourg.
I also tried composing an MMS-message and it was as easy as creating and ordinary SMS; MUCH MUCH MORE FUN, THOUGH!!!
FIRST I could choose to insert different things, like attachments in an email...You can choose from different objects, like images, sounds and then write a textmessage. You can also choose in what order they will appear for the person receiving the message, almost like a short cartoon with animations.
You can even record Your own voicemessage to be inserted into the MMS together with the images and text...
I din't understand, but the girl I asked all these things told me that there as a limit for the each MMS-message and that it was 30kb! I don't know if this is what it will be when we can all send those messages...
Then, You have an inbox where it says if the message is an MMS or an SMS...the mails still has their own folder it seems...

I think it is also possible to have different animations appearing when You start up and shut down the phone, like the one with the sun rising or going down above/under the horison in the current software-versions...let's hope that there will be lots of cool animations to download from Internet or wap-sites and that we can even creative our own startup-animations and shutdown-animations!
More than this, there were some more new commands in several of the menus...I can't remember all of them.... :-0

If You have any questions, maybe I can answer them if it is something that I remember from trying the phone...

*YOUR T68-FRIEND, THE TRANCEDANCER*
--
Posted: 2002-01-25 19:11:00
Edit : Quote

EvilNoel Posts: 16

this post will boost our hopes i already see the posts about MMS in next version and so on *giggles*

well done
--
Posted: 2002-01-26 10:37:00

--
Posted: 2002-01-26 12:29:00

ihatejam Posts: 33

that all sounds very cool!
--
Posted: 2002-01-27 21:35:00

I am sure You will like it! I really enjoyed "playing" with the phone for a while, exploring all the new things in the MMS-upgrade!
--
Posted: 2002-01-27 22:35:00

NitroN Posts: 25

Do you mean that our T68 has more than 600kb memmory also,or there was some kind of hardware change?Will there be enough the existing memmory of the phone for storage of all these backrounds,etc???Was it any different on the outside?
If it is only a software upgrade and we can all have it then it is really great news
--
Posted: 2002-01-28 18:43:00

pb76 Posts: 68

trancedancer: I heard from a friend that also talked with Ericson at Comdex that they where developing a service there you could choose what game you wanted on you phone and it got installed over the GSM-network. If its true then we got even cooler things to look forward to
--
Posted: 2002-01-28 19:07:00

The outside looked exactly the same...and according to the people there, it is the same phone we got, so You can be happy and look forward to the upgrade in a few weeks, I am sure You will LOVE IT!!!
I din't hear about the gamething, but it sure sounds very cool! I never use the cardgames and I would really love to have other games instead of those if I could choose myself!
We'll just have to wait a few more weeks and see...

--
Posted: 2002-01-29 12:32:00

pb76 Posts: 68

I love the card games! I dont like the games that take all of you attention. But i love Q and Erix. The one i can live without is Game. But right now i dont have a phone, left for software upgrade 1h ago
--
Posted: 2002-01-29 14:13:00

CHC Posts: 13

This sounds really good! Can't wait until the update comes (in finland ericsson said it will come in feb-mar)
--
Posted: 2002-02-11 13:06:00
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home