Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : Bluespoon mini-review :)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > Bluespoon mini-review :) Bookmark topic
Page123456>

Epedemic Posts: > 500

yes... finally got the little bastard.... i'll take some pictures and tell you about my impressions as i get to learn it (right now its charging)

Part 1:

Nice cradle
VERY small headset (will do some comparison shots with other commonly known objects (like jan did) so you can see for yourself.
The headset itself has a handpainted-like finish, and the buttons are a bit harder than on a remote control for eg. your tv... one interesting thing is to note that the buttons are slightly different from the shot on nextlink.to as they are now different (one of them has a "solid" mark, while the other has what resembles a O)

http://epedemic.dk/bluespoon/charging.jpg

i'll be back in a few hours when it has finished charging and i have made some field tests

hmm the cd with a 3d animated user guide is cool too

Part 2:
It fits very well in the ear, seems impossible to drop. And still not uncomfortable to wear... sits still unlike the hbh's... although the white spring is not very tight so it seems like it could fall out fairly easy... the black spring on the other hand sits VERY tight and i almost couldn't get it out again (could have been a problem as its too long for my ear )

The blue led is VERY bright and lights up all of the blue piece of the headset (looks very cool in the dark).

Audio quality is VERY good (although it sounds a bit canned in my end, but still its very clear and easy to hear what people say) it works at 5m range with a wall in between, but makes scratchy noices when you turn around (hbh's do this too though) The reciever of my test call didn't complain and told me it sounded exactly like if i used the phone itself...

A strange note tho: in the phone under accessories the well known HBH menu turns up... but if you select this menu it just searches for the headset and nothing further happens.... but when you go back to the phone main screen it looks like a permanent bt connection has been established... as far as i can tell the only way to shut it down is to turn off bt and turn it on again... not too good...

The sounds in the headset is really quite nicer than on the hbh's ... a bit less mechanical.

Voice dial is not working right atm ... but i think i simply have to rerecord my voicetags through the headset....

Thats all i can think of for now... questions are welcome

one more pic for you

http://www.epedemic.dk/bluespoon/random.jpg

Part 3:
Recording voicetags through this thing is difficult.... you have to press the headset button before each record, and sometimes the phone will say "sorry nothing heard" and the headset will loop your recording untill disconnected via the bluetooth menu... not the easiest thing... but it can be done....

Part 4:
Ok it died (low battery) but it lasted almost 96 hours which isnt bad considering i used it for ALL my calls the past 4 days... (plus i charged my t68 once during this period) so the standbytime is definately better than the hbh-15...

Laffen: why did you edit my post?
[ This Message was edited by: Epedemic on 2002-09-17 17:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Epedemic on 2002-09-17 18:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-09-19 00:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Epedemic on 2002-09-19 23:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Epedemic on 2002-09-19 23:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Epedemic on 2002-09-21 23:58 ]
--
Posted: 2002-09-17 17:37:00
Edit : Quote

decoy7 Posts: > 500

Congratulations on your new aquisition!!!

...at last it's available, was beginning to think it was a hoax product...not really
--
Posted: 2002-09-17 17:55:00

hehe yes... it took a while... expansys.com also says "release imminent" now... (in stead of "released next week" which it said the last 3 weeks or so )
--
Posted: 2002-09-17 17:57:00

nikke Posts: 30

Hey Epidemic. From where did you get it? A company in Denmark?

Nikke
--
Posted: 2002-09-17 18:45:00

yeah got it from www.pilcon.dk .. official distributor... nextlink forwarded my preorder to them and they got it in stock today (but only for preorders as there are very few apparantly)
--
Posted: 2002-09-17 18:50:00

johnnie Posts: 272

i hope that it will be here very soon so that i may have a chance to try. I really amazing in what you said man its cool really

--
Posted: 2002-09-17 18:54:00

geoffreyw Posts: 104

Please post pictures of it!!!!! I'm dying to see it in action
--
Posted: 2002-09-17 22:52:00

what pictures do you want?
--
Posted: 2002-09-18 07:39:00

lazarini Posts: > 500

the ones u actualy wearing it kinda what jan posted and cud u write ure observations regarding the sound , phone paring, working range , battery life etc

thx regards =laz=
--
Posted: 2002-09-18 14:02:00

http://epedemic.dk/bluespoon/size.jpg
here's another pic where you can see the aproximate size of the bluespoon
--
Posted: 2002-09-18 19:11:00
Page123456>

New Topic   Reply