Esato Mobile
General discussions : Other manufacturers : Buying a Nokia 8310...forget it!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Buying a Nokia 8310...forget it! Bookmark topic
Hulix Posts: 123

I've been using Nokia phones for several years, and I'm really disappointed with this little one! Do you remember the display problems the 8210 had? And the 5110? Or the 6210? Well, this doesn't seem to have a display problem, but a lot more! This is my third phone with the new software version 4.04! The first crashed while sending a visit card via infrared. All numbers on the phone deleted. The second one had problems with receiving a group logo from an 8210! This one crashed, too! When sending or reading an SMS the phone boots! Recording voice messages doesn't work in the last 30 seconds. Games won't work after downloading new sets via WAP. Reception is very bad, etc. I really tested this phone in all of its functions and I'm really disappointed! I will get an Ericsson T68 and bring my 8310 back. I'm really sorry for Nokia but I will never buy a Nokia anymore! I will be an Ericsson T68m owner this week!! Does somebody know if you can download the new Firmware R1C?
Additionally I want to say that this one of the best forum there is on the WWW

Regards Hulix
--
Posted: 2001-12-03 13:31:00
Edit : Quote

jh67 Posts: > 500

Hi

You cant download Ericsson software. BUT the upgrade is free at an Ericsson service point/center.
Here in DK we havent got the R1C yet, but it should come soon.
The upgrade to MMS + photoalbum should be around in january 2002, and its free too.

In denmark there has been a lot of problems with the Nokia 8310,..both software and gprs- network problems.

The T-68 has no problems running GPRS, Ive got it, and it works great

Anyway The software version R1B, which I got right now in my T-68, hasn't got any problems, so the R1C-upgrade isnt really "that" necessary ;D
I'm looking more forward to the MMS-upgrade, that should make some real changes,..one is the installation of the photoalbum.

Find an Ericsson service center,..there you'll get it for free !

jan

--
Posted: 2001-12-03 15:28:00

willbarrow Posts: 12

Quote:
On 2001-12-03 13:31, Hulix wrote:
I've been using Nokia phones for several years, and I'm really disappointed with this little one! Do you remember the display problems the 8210 had? And the 5110? Or the 6210? Well, this doesn't seem to have a display problem, but a lot more! This is my third phone with the new software version 4.04! The first crashed while sending a visit card via infrared. All numbers on the phone deleted. The second one had problems with receiving a group logo from an 8210! This one crashed, too! When sending or reading an SMS the phone boots! Recording voice messages doesn't work in the last 30 seconds. Games won't work after downloading new sets via WAP. Reception is very bad, etc. I really tested this phone in all of its functions and I'm really disappointed! I will get an Ericsson T68 and bring my 8310 back. I'm really sorry for Nokia but I will never buy a Nokia anymore! I will be an Ericsson T68m owner this week!! Does somebody know if you can download the new Firmware R1C?
Additionally I want to say that this one of the best forum there is on the WWW

Regards Hulix

you're right chief! I experience the same . T68 is the best phone i ever used.
--
Posted: 2002-01-02 10:35:00

mhorton Posts: > 500

I have had a Nokia 8850 which I love.. But the T68 is the best phone I have had
--
Posted: 2002-01-14 19:25:00

Jowi Posts: > 500

The 8310 is a PhP18,000(US$350) paperweight.

My friend has 2 units w/ CONTACT SERVICE on it. GPRS feature is worst. Many units just died up.
--
Posted: 2002-02-24 16:59:00

johanch Posts: > 500

The Nokiaphones sucks! It's the same shit inside, just different shells! People buy Nokia only because "everybody else" does it... Why can't people make up their own opinion and choose the BEST??? Well... I can see in this forum that some people can make up their own mind and opinion! We love the T68

--
Posted: 2002-02-24 22:17:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home