Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : General : t68 and bluetooth
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > t68 and bluetooth Bookmark topic
Page12>

richieleo Posts: 34

Guys,

wanna ask a question. When I set my T68 to automatic for the bluetooth, I cannot use the ear piece to receive calls (although I can use it to make calls). I also cannot use voice dialing.

I can only do all of this when the bluetooth operation mode is set to "on".

Anyone has any ideas?

richie.
--
Posted: 2001-12-03 16:14:00
Edit : Quote

jh67 Posts: > 500

The voice-dialling doesnt work, when mode is set to "automatic". But you can diall and answer calls, when on automatic.

There is one more adjustment. I dont know if the english words are correct (i've only got the danish manual). This adjustment is different from the T-39.:

In SETUP, go to HANDSFREE, and go to the way you answer the phone (answering-method/mode?? i dont know what this part is called in english) This has to be set to AUTOMATIC as well.

Then the bluetooth works,..I use it myself.

This part is sort of left out in the manual, but talked to ericsson about it,...and it works

jan

--
Posted: 2001-12-03 22:40:00

Heyy

Got the english manual now :

Go to :

SETTINGS
HANDSFREE
ANSWERING MODE :
but it on "automatic"

Jan
--
Posted: 2001-12-03 22:47:00

Oupss

It should have been "PUT it on Automatic",hehe

Not "but it....."

sorry

jan
--
Posted: 2001-12-04 00:27:00

richieleo Posts: 34

Quote:
On 2001-12-03 22:47, jh67 wrote:
Heyy

Got the english manual now :

Go to :

SETTINGS
HANDSFREE
ANSWERING MODE :
but it on "automatic"

Jan

Jan,

but if the answering mode is put tp auto, it means that you cannot deny a call right? It will mean all calls are answered even if you want to not answer the call?
--
Posted: 2001-12-04 01:34:00

Well, when set to "automatic" it works this way :
you recieve the call, then it transfers to the headset,..you still have to push the button on the headset, if you want to answer the call.
If you dont do anything, the phone will just ring,..nothing else. So if you dont want to "pick up" the call, you can just let the phone/headset ring
OR you can push the NO-button on the phone itself.

Jan
--
Posted: 2001-12-04 21:18:00

Freddy Posts: 40

Question:
Can you get voice dialing to work ??
With what type of headset ?
I have the old HBH-10, and I can answer via the headset, but I can not use the button on the headset for voice dialing, I hear the three (or so) beeps and then another type of beep for failed.
It works if I'm dialing from the phone.
--
Posted: 2001-12-04 21:30:00

Hi Freddy

Yes, the voice dialling works with the HBH-10. The same I got.

This you have to change in another menu.
Go to the Bluetooth HBH-10 menu in the phone, called "operating modes" (in the english manual-see page 57)
Here you put the mode to "ON".

If using voice-dialling, its a very good idea to put on the headset, and record the names into the headset.
(you would usually record the names into the phone).
See english manual page 32 "tips when recording.

Jan
--
Posted: 2001-12-04 21:42:00

davab Posts: 36

Hi Jan,

Have tried everything that you have suggested but still no joy

Works fine if bluetooth is 'on', but nothing at all with automatic, even when changing answer also to automatic.

You also mentioned recording voice commands through the headset, have also tried this but sound doesn't replay through the headset, only through the phone. If I cover the phones mic, the sound is muted, as though it isn't recording through the headset but the phone mic?

Headset is HBH-15 and software on my phone is R1b.

Do you think this may be firmware issue or headset problem?

Headset seems to pair ok, and shows up in paired devices.

Sorry about length and amount of questions, but I *really* want to play

Cheers

Dave
--
Posted: 2001-12-05 19:11:00

Davab : I thought that you were using the HBH-10..ouupss

It was mentioned earlier that to use bluetooth with T-68,..you need an upgrade R1C,..hmmm I did think about that post, because my headset works fine (HBH-10).

The person (cant remember who) that wrote that post,..might have been right, if he meant the HBH-15 or for example the HBH-20.

I would think that the settings are similar/the same for HBH-10, HBH-15 and HBH-20.
But the phone might need that upgrade to use the 2 new ones.

Jan

--
Posted: 2001-12-06 00:06:00
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home