Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : sony vaio vgn-tx650p (EDGE/GPRS built in) unlock for pakistan
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > sony vaio vgn-tx650p (EDGE/GPRS built in) unlock for pakistan Bookmark topic
e20062007 Posts: 2

Trying to get a sony vaio VGN-TX650P (which has a "sony ericsson VDC EGPRS" modem built in). It comes locked to Cingular, however by calling sony support one can get an unlock code which unlocks it (using Hyperterminal).

However in pakistan it is only able to see (manual - scan) Telenor (GSM 1800) and cannot see Ufone (GSM 900), Mobilink (GSM 900/1800), Warid (GSM 900 ?).

From some websites it seems the modem on this laptop is a quad-band and should work once unlocked. Does anyone have any insight into what the problem could be.

--
Posted: 2006-06-29 15:00:17
Edit : Quote

e20062007 Posts: 2

Clarification - although this is an EDGE/GPRS modem, I am just trying to use it as a GPRS modem (since EDGE capability is not yet being offered here by these providers).

--
Posted: 2006-06-29 15:04:07

Residentevil Posts: > 500

Should be straight forward to set it up as a modem.
--
Posted: 2006-07-04 21:59:35

xensology Posts: 1

hi. i want to ask how to connect modem via hyperterminal? can anyone inform me about cannection settings. i live in turkey and i can't get any support from local sony seller. thanks for all.
--
Posted: 2006-07-05 11:10:31

elmio3000 Posts: 1

Hi e20062007, its seems I have the same problem, since Im tryng to use this module with a sim card for gprs only. I know we can help each other because I have some experience with gprs modems/pcmcia configuration. BUT, first i want to know if, when you insert your local provider sim card, you have any response from the cingular aplication, like network detected or signal strength or local provider name. I alredy made the hyperterminal "unlock" procedure and it returned "ok" "connection succesful". But i dont have any signal response from my local sim card and i know it works fine in other pcmcia gprs card. SO, tell me what you think about it.
--
Posted: 2006-10-19 20:58:37

GaryTraveler Posts: 1

Hi, I just bought a VGN-TX650P and would like to unlock it. I have the instructions but can't seem to figure out how to use the hyperterminal. How do I send an "at" and then connect with COM4 (which I believe is what one needs to do)?? I have the Cingular SIM card installed but it is not activated. Hyperterminal does not seem to recognize COM 4. Any help would be appreciated.

On 2006-10-19 20:58:37, elmio3000 wrote:
Hi e20062007, its seems I have the same problem, since Im tryng to use this module with a sim card for gprs only. I know we can help each other because I have some experience with gprs modems/pcmcia configuration. BUT, first i want to know if, when you insert your local provider sim card, you have any response from the cingular aplication, like network detected or signal strength or local provider name. I alredy made the hyperterminal "unlock" procedure and it returned "ok" "connection succesful". But i dont have any signal response from my local sim card and i know it works fine in other pcmcia gprs card. SO, tell me what you think about it.
[/quote]
--
Posted: 2006-10-31 17:58:41

fyrestrtr Posts: 126

Maybe I can help here

AT commands (also called Hayes Command Set, because they were developed for use on the Hayes modems) special modem commands that you type in either during intilization of the modem or at a terminal to set specific settings.

By the way, AT is for attention telling the modem that a command is to follow. Almost all commands start with AT, that's why they are referred to as 'AT commands'.

Once you have logged into the phone using hyperterminal (or any other terminal program), to run the command, you simply type it at the prompt, and hit the enter key. (only a few commands like A/ don't require the enter key).

Example (don't try this):

ATZ resets the modem
ATDT sets the dialing mode to touch tone dialing. What normal phones use. The older rotary phones that your grandma had use pulse dialing, which is ATDP. Type this, hit enter, and then type the phone number you want to dial.

Some commands that will probably be useful to you (I don't know if they are compatible with the modem type, but almost all modems use them):

ATI or ATI3 -- returns information about the modem, the type, what emulation it supports, firmware versions, etc. etc.
ATV1 -- returns verbose messages instead of cryptic error codes. So it will return BUSY, CONNECT, NO CARRIER instead of some numbers that you might have to decipher or lookup.

Finally, a command that perhaps you will need -- but only use it if the instructions call for it, and not "to see what it does" -- you might end up bricking your phone:

AT&F
Hope this helps
--
Posted: 2007-01-02 16:55:02

Snow12345 Posts: 3

But i dont have any signal response from my local sim card and i know it works fine in other pcmcia gprs card. SO, tell me what you think about it too.
--
Posted: 2008-04-21 07:19:35

Gardner Posts: 1

Have you tried help line support of any of your service providers in Pakistan?

--
Posted: 2009-06-12 07:57:31

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home