Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : K800i Speaker problem!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > K800i Speaker problem! Bookmark topic
Page <  123

fweijers Posts: 1

@ the guys who's speaker no longer works:

I had the same problem, after I opened my K800i. I wanted to repair the joystick for it would only move the cursor in 2 directions instead of all four ..
So I opened the phone, tinkered around with the keypad and joystick (this is working now again, thank god), but after closing up i found that the speaker was dead. I mean the speaker where you put your ear against when someone calls you
So I opened it up again, and I found that two small copper pieces which lead to the ear-speaker were bent. So I fixed that to make contact again and now everything works.
Hope this helps.
--
Posted: 2007-07-17 12:29:46
Edit : Quote

taniame Posts: 82

Dude, i have the exactly same problem

the earpiece/internal speaker does not work while external speaker and handsfree works fine

by tapping the phone, it will work again. LOL

On 2007-01-03 15:24:27, DrAzEn wrote:
So strange
I went to the local service and a person which works there just took a look at my phone. Knocked easily few times with finger-nail around speaker and IT WORKS AGAIN

WTF is this?
at least I can talk normaly on it again!

--
Posted: 2007-08-12 22:03:17

bernardford Posts: 1

any one having problem with rear speaker on sony ericsson only workin if put pressure over speaker remove rear cover of phone with a very small star head scwrew driver and get a little piece of card board and stick it just beside the speaker and put cover back on this will fix the problem as i have just done
--
Posted: 2008-02-16 19:46:51

k800earpiece Posts: 1

Hi.

This message is intended for those of you with a k800i, and the tempramental fault with the internal speaker (namely it cuts out and you end up making all your phone calls on the speaker phone, or squeezing / tapping / banging the case to make it work again).

I was prepared for this repair to take a couple of hours. It took a couple of minutes. (hence spare time to post this, and hopefully help someone out) All I regret is not doing the job sooner. Incidentally - I returned the phone to sony who claimed this fault was "Water Damage", and I payed for th privelidge of getting my phone back - now THATS customer service!!! This was total BS - its poor design- although I am grateful that the speaker was so accessable in the end & I didnt have to dismantle the entire phone. Anyway.. read on....

You will need:
One Torx (6 I think) screwdriver,
One phillips screwdriver.
Finger nails / flat plastic (top open case)
I brought a kit on ebay for a fiver...(this was overkill as it turned out)

Photos I've referred to are HERE:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[....]ent=1#comment72157605043074469

1) Clear work area. Wash hands. DRY HANDS! Ground yourself if possible (I grabbed a tap immediately prior to sitting down) to avoid possible static damage to components (not really a problem, as you barely get to touch the circuit boards)

2) Remove Battery, SIM and memory card etc. (See photo 1)

3) Play about with the memory hole cover- note how the rubber flap comes through a hole in the casing (this will help later)

4) Undo the 2 Torx screws at the bottom of the phone, and the 2 Phillips in the middle.

5) Gently pry away the remaining back section of the phone around the sides with finger nails / guitar plectrum. I found the top released last - best done in a pivoting motion about the top of the phone. (plenty of videos on YTube etc. / other instructional sites with photos if you're nervous about this (I was!)

6) Undo 2 screws at top of the back of the phone (see photo 2).

7) Here's the tricky(ish) part. You need to essentially remove the electric phone bit from the front of the case by bending the sides of the case outwards such that the phone can drop free with a little persuasion. NB- As those of you who bothered with step 3 will note, it won't come completely away (As some other posts on the web suggest) as the memory card cover holds the two bits together. Again, plenty of videos / tutorials about if you search

You should now be in a position to access the back of the front case cover (see photo 3). There are two contacts sticking out here for the earpiece, which meet 2 gold square contacts on the phones PCB (circuit board). These are the source of your earpiece woes!

9) Bend these contacts back away from the casing a little bit, such that they can reach the contacts on the PCB more easily. Thats the fix! All you need to do now is reassemble. Make sure you still have all your buttons in place (I had a little difficulty because the camera button fell out) before you screw it all back together. Test all the buttons...

10) Useful tip- you can test the earpiece using the factory test menu rather than repeatedly calling your answerphone. See video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKDwjuf0Iw
(thats R*LL*L*)

Bingo! Have a beer, switch back to PAYG and save a ton on overpriced contracts with your fully functional free phone...

Incidentally, I was quoted £40 by a high street shop to carry out this repair....

--
Posted: 2008-05-13 21:49:29

sabret00the Posts: 3

@ k800earpiece : Thanks a lot for the tute.
--
Posted: 2009-05-16 23:54:43

beikul Posts: 1

@k800earpiece: had to register just to say thanks for your post. Had the earpiece problem with my K800i and, following your instructions, it's now fixed and I'm very happy
--
Posted: 2009-11-11 22:06:57

exaflare23 Posts: 227

Thank god my k800i doesnt have problems even it dropped 46 inches high on a solid tile whew!

--
Posted: 2009-12-05 07:05:34
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home