Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Splashpower powers mobile Phones without Chargers
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Splashpower powers mobile Phones without Chargers Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

axxxr Posts: > 500

Its launching at CEATEC in Tokyo next month so we wont have to wait very long!

--
Posted: 2006-09-21 21:36:49
Edit : Quote

nokevin Posts: 291

I really need one of these NOT, I find it so so difficult plugging the charger in the bottom of my phone, come on guys get a grip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Posted: 2006-09-22 01:14:06

max_wedge Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-09-21 17:19:14, slugworth wrote:
but how do u send suffitiont volts and electrons through the air via a controlled source? how can someone harnels a 240v of power through the air with no arch and safely put it into a device with out electricuting the user?

i say this as im doing a A level in physics

As RMJ says, induction - it only works at very close range. To broadcast with enough power to charge a mobile phone by induction over a distance of even several feet would probably produce an EMR field that will fry your brain far worse than any radio emmission from the phone itself!!

However, there is hope! Using broadcasting technology such as cell base stations use, where radio signals can be aimed to within a foot or so of the cell phone, it may be possible eventually to "broadcast" an induction field to within a few centimetres of the device being charged, preventing the human exposure to a high energy emr field.
--
Posted: 2006-09-22 02:23:48

michka Posts: > 500

Now that's an interesting idea: no more power wire to your phone.
But you have to place it on a surface which itself is wired.
And which takes far more space than a charger.
Bright idea indeed!
--
Posted: 2006-09-22 20:27:52

masseur Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-09-22 01:14:06, nokevin wrote:
I really need one of these NOT, I find it so so difficult plugging the charger in the bottom of my phone, come on guys get a grip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't help but think you are completely missing the point of this
--
Posted: 2006-09-22 20:31:21

axxxr Posts: > 500

I think he is!

I personally can't wait to get hold of this and get rid of my obtrusive chargers which keep getting tangled.

--
Posted: 2006-09-22 20:45:21

as a regular world and EU traveller (I'm off to Singapore and Sydney again in 2 weeks) I cry out for a universal charging solution.

I don't tend to carry wall chargers perferring instead to use USB chargers but even then there are still multiple cables to carry

when this technology matures it will be fantastic!
--
Posted: 2006-09-22 20:48:09

nokevin Posts: 291

Quote:
On 2006-09-22 20:48:09, masseur wrote:
as a regular world and EU traveller (I'm off to Singapore and Sydney again in 2 weeks) I cry out for a universal charging solution.

I don't tend to carry wall chargers perferring instead to use USB chargers but even then there are still multiple cables to carry

when this technology matures it will be fantastic!

So your going travelling with something that is, by the looks of it at least 5 or more times bigger & will be at least 5 time heavier (as inside it will have tones of copper wire wrapped round heavy cast iron to create the electromagnetic induction) than the standard wall charger and it still has to be plugged into the mains that you still need a travel adapter for, sorry im not getting the point of this

[ This Message was edited by: nokevin on 2006-09-24 12:01 ]
--
Posted: 2006-09-24 12:57:27

as a bump to this topic I came across the following on How Stuff Works...

How Wireless Power Works

still haven't seen these available anywhere yet though
--
Posted: 2007-01-13 09:46:54

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all,
Sorry but as great a concept as this at first appears i actually agree with Nokevin and the others that think it is completely pointless. Although it is a great idea for say one or two locations on a permanent basis for travelling it is far bigger and heavier and as already pointed out you would still need adapters to plug it in for each different territory.

I really fail to see the advantage over a simple docking stand that not only powers your phone but allows connection to your PC/Laptop for syncing. Lets face it even if you don't need a docking stand a single plug and wire with a connector that you attach to the end of your phone isn't exactly hard work now is it.

The advances in Battery technology are far more interesting than this product IMO, I defiantly would not consider buying this when the equipment already comes with a charger IMHO absolutely pointless. But it's a free world well nearly so for those that find it exciting go ahead buy it and enjoy.

Marc

--
Posted: 2007-01-13 11:11:26
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home