Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Splashpower powers mobile Phones without Chargers
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Splashpower powers mobile Phones without Chargers Bookmark topic
Page <  123

masseur Posts: > 500

I too am holding out for improved batteries as this seems to be the slowest developing technology of all, but I would envisage that devices like the splashpower, if they become standard, would be available in every business hotel room the same way that some sort of broadband internet access has become available and therefore no need to carry one with you.

but even if you did carry one of these, it would only be one and not a plethora of cables and adaptors

on my recent trip home to oz for Christmas I had a whole section of my backpack that I use for carry-on just for the different charges I needed which included my laptop, 2 different phones (M600 and TyTN), my Sony Camera, my portable GPS etc etc... crazy!
--
Posted: 2007-01-13 11:19:43
Edit : Quote

arien617 Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-09-21 18:38:16, strizlow800 wrote:
They should put things like that all over our planet so our phones will never drain the battery again.

I haven't seen wireless charging points like these but in theme parks (thorpe park, chessington (in the UK)) there are lockable mobile phone charging points. You put your phone in, connect it, shut the cover and enter a code and when you come back all you do is enter the code, disconnect the phone and away you go.
--
Posted: 2007-01-13 18:12:52

arien617 Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-09-21 17:19:14, slugworth wrote:
but how do u send suffitiont volts and electrons through the air via a controlled source? how can someone harnels a 240v of power through the air with no arch and safely put it into a device with out electricuting the user?

i say this as im doing a A level in physics

The simple way of doing this is by being able to control the range of the output(somehow) and then using a switch which would start with a delay of, lets say 10 secs after being switched on and then turn off after the battery is fully charged. This way when the user is nearby the device there isn't a big risk of being fried by the power.
I'm guessing this could work.
--
Posted: 2007-01-14 20:47:23

marran Posts: 272

If u put your hand on it, will u get shocked?
--
Posted: 2007-01-17 17:34:18

pkzild Posts: 19

yea i bet this thing takes like 50 hours to charge probably
--
Posted: 2007-01-17 18:57:10

axxxr Posts: > 500

Some good news finally....Splashpower will be available to buy from July 9th.

--
Posted: 2007-06-11 15:23:38

belialwafu Posts: > 500

do you know the price? what if my phone has a crystal case do I have to remove it? I would like to buy it...hehe
--
Posted: 2007-06-12 01:04:20

bart Posts: > 500

question is which phones will be able to use it.
is SE going to be a pioneer and make me smile, or simply say on the side again.

splashpower is as old as the T68m, why does it take so long to lauch it while the prototype was working "perfect"
--
Posted: 2007-06-12 01:50:38

smiller55 Posts: 1

It's amazing technology and I know we are getting much nearer the time we will acutally be able to use the technology, but the number of companies working in the space.

For those interested in knowing exactly how it work's check out the resource I found:

http://powerbyproxi.com/wireless-power/

I am assuming the technology is the same for charging a battery??
[ This Message was edited by: smiller55 on 2014-09-18 03:57 ]

--
Posted: 2014-09-18 04:57:18
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home