Esato Mobile
Regional : Asia Pacific : How do I finish an SMS written in Chinese?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Asia Pacific > How do I finish an SMS written in Chinese? Bookmark topic
adept1 Posts: 44

Specifically, I'm using Pinyin input to write Chinese SMS on my T68, which I would like to send to my girlfriend in China. I can make a sentence on it, but then I don't know what I need to do to send it. Pressing the Yes key selects another Chinese syllable rather than sending the message.

Your help is greatly appreciated

adept1
T68, T600

--
Posted: 2002-10-29 08:37:00
Edit : Quote

2tangy Posts: 459

I don't have any experience of enter text in another language in my T68i so I not sure if this will work or not but...

Could you not just switch back to english so the buttons respond as they normally would, hopefully allowing you to send the message by pressing the "Yes" button this time.

I also happen to have a T68i PDF manual which includes text input with Chinese, I've uploaded it for you and maybe the answer is in there...

Right click here and select save as/save target as

~Tangy
--
Posted: 2002-10-29 10:49:00

adept1 Posts: 44

Thanks... Switching back to English does the trick. There's gotta be an easier way, but this will work for now.

I'll check out the manual.

Thanks again.

adept1

Quote:
On 2002-10-29 10:49, 2tangy wrote:
I don't have any experience of enter text in another language in my T68i so I not sure if this will work or not but...

Could you not just switch back to english so the buttons respond as they normally would, hopefully allowing you to send the message by pressing the "Yes" button this time.

I also happen to have a T68i PDF manual which includes text input with Chinese, I've uploaded it for you and maybe the answer is in there...

Right click here and select save as/save target as

~Tangy

--
Posted: 2002-10-29 22:48:00

2tangy Posts: 459

No problems

Let me know how you get on.

~Tangy
--
Posted: 2002-10-30 00:03:00

siuj Posts: 42

Easy!
After you done writing the sentence just press the 'NO' button once.
Don't worry the SMS won't be cleared. Then just push the joystick down once and bang in the mobile number.
--
Posted: 2002-10-30 00:41:00

F.dragon Posts: 17

When U finish ur sms , press 'no' & ur joystick.but u must set ur right message serivce centres!
--
Posted: 2002-10-31 14:06:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home