Esato Mobile
General discussions : Non mobile discussion : Owning a pet
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Owning a pet Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 111213>

twerg Posts: 120

A quick search on Google shows that Catnip is a wire cage/enclosure that cats can move freely about in but contained inside. Made in Australia apparnetly.

Catnip is also a plant that gets cat high. Found in Europe and Asia.
--
Posted: 2006-12-15 17:19:40
Edit : Quote

J-J Posts: 268

Catnip is cats equivalent to chocolate, most pet shops sell it and it drives cats wild!
You can either by it in little chocolate button type things for them to eat or in a ground down form to sprinkle in places if they just prefer the spell.

I use it with my cat, they were scratching all the stair so we bought some and sprinkled it on her scratch post and because she loves the smell that much, she only ever scratches the post and not the stairs now
--
Posted: 2006-12-15 18:07:35

Aware Posts: > 500

Catnip is awesome!

Okay, if you're feline, catnip is awesome!!! They go completely la la over it/the smell of it.........
--
Posted: 2006-12-15 18:19:52

Xugaa Posts: > 500

Yeah, in my opinion it's much better for your cat to be out in the morning/afternoon and in during the evening, of course coming if it wants to and you're home. Some cats will prefer to be indoors, but is generally wrong since despite what a cat might say lol, they are naturally more "wild" than dogs and so need that outdoors adventure for longer periods than being indoors.

Also just another thing, cats generally aren't as loyal as dogs and so if you live near a lot of others, ecspecially those with cats, make sure you are feeding yours on time etc, otherwise your cat could become attracted to other people who do feed him/her.

[ This Message was edited by: Xugaa on 2006-12-15 18:15 ]
--
Posted: 2006-12-15 19:13:01

joebmc Posts: > 500

Catnip does nothing for my two, one is a black and white the other tabby (there sisters too), had them since kittens and mini tornado's is a great example of what they are (I'd also refer to them as little shits).

This is the 2nd Christmas with them and the second year i and my girlfriend have to re-decorate the Christmas tree daily!

As for leaving them out all night, i'd say you'd be better off leaving them out all day (if you have to leave them out), mainly due to the hunting business. So far I'm lucky as we only have had the odd grass hopper brought it but i know it will get worse.

Also as one of the above mention, you'd better check with the land lord or who ever whether your allowed pets of not, as many dont.

btw my two cats

Daisy

Poppy

--
Posted: 2006-12-15 21:05:10

procterdc Posts: 334

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll actually be owning the flat not renting and I know other people have cats where i'll be.

I think I will be able to have a communal cat flap, but obviously have to check with my neighbours.

I think I would prefer to let the cat out at night for the simple reason being less traffic at night. We do that with our cats now, its alot safer for them, plus it stops our nasty neighbour from taking her in lol
--
Posted: 2006-12-15 22:03:23

Residentevil Posts: > 500

We have four and that is just the right number. The go in pairs. We always get them in before nightfall. I recommend two cat, this way they can entertain each other when you are gone.

Kalvin

Oliver

Oreo

Precious

--
Posted: 2006-12-16 05:38:13

Mulder7 Posts: 221

Well I have five cats. Just whatever you do dont buy a persion, nightmare he is.
--
Posted: 2006-12-16 13:08:29

joebmc Posts: > 500

@Residentevil

How the hell do you sleep at night! I have two cats and only one sleeps on the bed, but she takes up loads of room!
--
Posted: 2006-12-16 14:15:52

Xugaa Posts: > 500

@ Joebmc and Residentevil...

Lovely cats, all have that little personality of there own.

Also, Residentevil, how come one of your cats has one blue eye and the other green? Is this a problem or just perfectly normal? Anyway, looks pretty amazing either way!
--
Posted: 2006-12-16 14:27:21
Page <  123, ... 111213>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home