Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Technical : How I fixed my k800i joystick - Step-by-step with pics
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > How I fixed my k800i joystick - Step-by-step with pics Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678>

conzepth Posts: 15

On 2007-03-21 00:02:58, peanut wrote:
Interesting guide.

... I just feel when you put it on a bar, coffee table the state it's in says something about the person you are....

[ This Message was edited by: peanut on 2007-03-20 23:06 ]

Heh, well, you see. When it first started to lose the "coating"/protection on the buttons, I didn't really care that much about taking care of the phone. I keep it in my pocket all the time, it's not like I let the neighbour dog play with it, but I do not keep it in a protective case either ;) The joystick has been acting up for quite some time already, so I was pretty much looking for a new phone.

That's why this tip is, imho, a good tip, because it made the joystick feel BETTER THAN WHEN IT WAS BRAND NEW!

I have some posts in the first pages of the k800i FW thread where I complain about the joystick when writing sms... so it has been bothering me since day one. Now, however, it's just as good as my old k750i when it was new.
Of course, you can use whatever tool you like in this tutorial. A small scissor was all I had handy, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of better alternatives. However, my phone didn't get a single scratch from this operation. All scratches you see are from keeping my phone in my pocket.

In any case, happy to help. ;)
--
Posted: 2007-03-21 00:48:03
Edit : Quote

decay_zeit Posts: 401

leave them man,that's the way you did it(as you say)and thank you to share your work...
umm,i don't have free sms/mms but i've sent already more than a million:p,after 5 months and the keypad looks like yours,but got no problem with joystick,it works great...and if someday joystick become annoying,i'll certainly will try your toturial...

TOTTALY AGREE WITH YOU about value,it is not really a piece of jewelry,keeping it in my pocket all the time...

thanks

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-03-21 01:52 ]
--
Posted: 2007-03-21 02:42:57

whatsucka Posts: > 500

when i press down to look for songs in walkman mode it sometimes change to another song...
when i do a service test i try to press down i get more down-right than juz down

how do i fix my w800 joystick??
--
Posted: 2007-03-21 07:31:28

Neo-Tech Posts: > 500

Hi,

Some of you say you hve Free MMS, SMS and 3G. Is there anyway I can get that.
Great guide but I'm not rying it because i'm not sure
--
Posted: 2007-03-21 07:44:53

On 2007-03-21 07:44:53, machanic wrote:
Hi,

Some of you say you hve Free MMS, SMS and 3G. Is there anyway I can get that.
Great guide but I'm not rying it because i'm not sure

Ask your service provider about a sub.plan with free sms. It's pretty common that they have free sms included in some of their plans.

You're saying you're not sure; if there's anything in my tutorial which you find to be a little unclear, just tell me, and I'll try to explain it better.
--
Posted: 2007-03-21 09:29:43

So, has anyone with the joystick problem followed my guide yet? :)
--
Posted: 2007-03-21 22:21:15

bodum Posts: > 500

you keep your phone in your pocket? what else is in there, man? the kitchen sink? ...

anyways from what i can see, you're making the contacts 'closer' so that would in theory make the joystick a lot more sensitive? i wouldn't try that myself though, not that adventurous. personally, i feel that the 'cottonbud' technique works as well.
--
Posted: 2007-03-22 20:35:45

lemmor08 Posts: 43

Ive tried it conzepth and it works great. my down arrow keys doesnt

respond that much and when ive tried what you're about to say it so

amazing. im praying that my joystick will be better whenever i tried what

you say and im so happy for the result!. thanx man!! you rock!!
--
Posted: 2007-03-22 22:03:13

trumpeter Posts: 2

Thanks, conzepth, I managed to fix my K750i joystick using your method. Nice one!

For anyone who's interested:

Remove battery
Undo the two flat screws and take of the back cover by gently prising the cover away from the sides with a very thin blade
Undo the two torx screws and remove the front cover in the same way
Take out the keypad and gently open out the keypad sensor
Pull off the joystick itself and then follow conzepth's instructions (I applied a hoover at this point, too)
When you put it back together, do so with the camera shutter open, to avoid squashing the shutter sensor

Sorry I didn't take any pictures. Then again, my phone's had a hard life and I didn't want you guys insulting it!

Best wishes, Neil
--
Posted: 2007-03-26 23:10:29

daviep Posts: > 500

used your method and it works a treat.recomended.
--
Posted: 2007-03-26 23:15:00
Page <  12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home