Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : GPS Enabler HGE-100
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > GPS Enabler HGE-100 Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 91011>

anonymuser Posts: > 500

You don't actually have to use this as a headset - the handsfree portion is detachable apparently, so it could just be a dongle on a wire.

I can certainly see some point in having it wired - it's a more dependable connection, and you don't have to leave your bluetooth on all the time. Presumably the phone actually powers the device though, so it'll still be a battery drain.
--
Posted: 2007-06-15 16:20:08
Edit : Quote

Delta 9 Posts: 193

Mmm if I'm not mistaken the whitepaper states it uses AGPS. Kind of a downer for me.

EDIT: I'm sorry I was reading a general GPS method description posted on the development site.

[ This Message was edited by: Delta 9 on 2007-06-16 00:05 ]
--
Posted: 2007-06-16 01:03:32

Eric's Son Posts: 261

They should have built the GPS receiver into the new Bluetooth watch, would make more sense than this strange headset shite.
--
Posted: 2007-06-17 12:01:51

londonlad123 Posts: > 500

Its suppose to come with wayfinder java app for navigation.

Strange solution but it seems to be aimed at people on the go rather than car navigation.

Would be great with a new google maps app.
--
Posted: 2007-06-17 14:01:43

Dart5 Posts: 168

Has anyone heard yet when this will be available please?

I think this is an unusal way of implementing GPS (and a bit of a cop out) when others are putting it directly in their phones, but I can see one advantage. With the arial outside and high up on your shirt ect, you'll get a much better signal than if it was stuck in your pocket. In a lot of situations it will be good not having to hold the phone up to get a lock (such as jogging cycling ect).
--
Posted: 2007-06-18 11:58:14

Sobo Posts: 88

I know Q3 and wonder if is good on a car,because i will not buy a GPS just for jogging or something else.
--
Posted: 2007-06-18 12:26:00

On 2007-06-18 12:26:00, Sobo wrote:
I know Q3 and wonder if is good on a car,because i will not buy a GPS just for jogging or something else.

Yea, using it in a car won't be so good as it'll look naff having the cable hanging somewhere or proped up. Not sure how it would link to the SE car holder.
--
Posted: 2007-06-18 12:45:42

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all,

Having thought more about it if this is using your phone battery i would think it will drain as much if not more power than Bluetooth as the receiver is constantly connecting and downloading information and picking up all the satellites battery where as using a stand alone device it just transmits the data to your device. I also don't see how this is going to work well in a car as with stand alone receiver and some Velcro on the the dash and the unit you get to choose the best position with this attached to the phone it limits it's positioning potential. Also many have complained that using Tom Tom with their SE devices the sound is not loud enough from the phone, but maybe as some have said it designed for walking. But it still seems a a very strange solution to me and am pretty sure it will cost more than a good stand alone GPS receiver IMO due to the SE branding.

Marc

http://dogmann.vox.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-06-20 08:00 ]
--
Posted: 2007-06-20 08:57:47

Don't think power drian will be to much of an issue with thsi GPS unit. Bluetooth uses a lot more as it transmitts a signal. A GPS unit only receives a signal (from the sats) and if directly connected to phone wil use a minmal amount to pass over a wire. Agree, this sounds more of a personal GPS solution rather than a car one. If the price is right I think it could be handy as although you need to carry something extra with you, as it headphones as well a lot of people would have that with them anyway. Will be interesting to see the first review on this to see how good/bad it funtions.
--
Posted: 2007-06-20 12:41:13

beca Posts: 224

clip

http://justamp.blogspot.com/2[....]k530i-gps-enabler-hge-100.html
--
Posted: 2007-06-27 13:22:53
Page <  123, ... 91011>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index