Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Nokia : Nokia chargers 'too easy to break'
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia chargers 'too easy to break' Bookmark topic
Page123>

jcwhite_uk Posts: > 500

Dealers are reporting a high level of Nokia charger returns as many customers are finding the manufacturer's newer 'thin pin' chargers breaking soon after purchase.

'They are more problematic than the ones before. The pin is thinner, so it's easy to break. Once it bends, you can't really use it. I know you're meant to put it in gently, but people tend to shove it in and then the pin breaks. We get a lot of customers coming to buy new chargers; I suppose it's good for us in that respect,' one dealer said.

Another added: 'They do break a lot easier. We've had people returning them.'

Some dealers said around half of their Nokia customers come back reporting a broken charger while one dealer claims that 90% of his accessory sales are to replace broken Nokia chargers.

'People tell me that they just stop working. The pin itself looks fine, but it doesn't work inside,' he said.

A Nokia spokesman said the company was 'puzzled by the report'. 'At the end of the day, there are no issues that we're aware of around that plug, barring mistreatment by the user,' he said. He added that the smaller pins are due to customer demand for thinner products.

Source
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 14:16:27
Edit : Quote

belialwafu Posts: > 500

we have a 3310 charger and my friend got a new charger....i compared it...its really really thin
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 14:29:23

QVGA Posts: > 500

I have a thin one, using it for 10 months without any problem.
Just don't shove it in, how hard is it to not do that?
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 14:36:09

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all,

I must admit to being rather puzzled by this i mean you don't need to force it in it's a smooth and easy action, just what are some of these people doing to break so many whilst trying t charge their phones? Personally i find attaching these charges easier than many other types with weird connectors that require careful positioning to make proper contact.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-07-04 13:41 ]
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 14:41:32

JK Posts: > 500

Finally! I agree 10 000% with that!!
Gonna send it to the idiots at Nokio SA!!!
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 15:45:38

DickySnapples Posts: > 500

i agree with Dogmann, what are people doing to break them!?
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 15:47:18

maggflodd Posts: > 500

yep, my first e61 charger lasted 4 days... but not the pin actually - some internal damage! But I can see how that flimsy thing might bend... a bit silly! I LIKE the one on my treo (which isn't thicker than the e61 ): very sturdy!
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 15:50:01

Miss UK Posts: > 500

My N95's charger is really weird looking it's one of those Energy saving ones and the pin is tiny, the cord flex is like a piece of string

btw ive charged my phone up 3 times since ive had it and no problems there, haven't used it in a month neither
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 16:34:21

damo55 Posts: 202

no problems here.think it's more of a user error myself.you simply slide it in, not rock it from side to side.

This message was posted from a N70-1
--
Posted: 2007-07-04 17:44:32

Seanyb2 Posts: > 500

When i used to have a T Mobile 6233 i had trod on my charges which was on the floor and it stopped working it would not charge. Though i am normally very careful when it comes to my phones but it was an accident. I have had no problems with my 6300 though i do find the new chargers wobble a bit when plugged in which worries me but as long as my phone is ok i can always buy new charger. So far all my Nokias have been reliable.

This message was posted from a 6300
--
Posted: 2007-07-06 19:29:40
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home