Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Nokia : Nokia chargers 'too easy to break'
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia chargers 'too easy to break' Bookmark topic
Page <  123

Johnbun Posts: 2

I have an N82 and I hate the smaller pin and side location. Nokia is blaming the users??!!! Come on it's hard not to think its a marketing scheme. Switch to smaller pin that NO OTHER PHONE USES, and what? "there's a demand for slimmer devices?" come on!! - Man that previous larger pin is taking way too much space! HA! I can see the forums, "Nokia Please make the pins smaller!!! I need smaller pins!!"

Here's the JIST of my Experience since I don't see many intelligent comments here.

I was pretty upset that I had to buy a new car charger and couldn't use the old ones. They've used the old ones on almost all of there models in the past, which was convenient.

My Nokia car charger has since stopped working after about a year. My logic tells me that the contact inside the pin has been warn off somehow and is no longer making contact. How do I know? I bought a new one and when I plug it in I can feel it snap into place. With the broken one, there is no more snap. Seems like the more you plug it in and out and the more you talk on the phone with it plugged in and dangling from the side the faster the contact will wear off. Hence the car charger is dead cause I use it very often. The side mount is probably so it won't slip off when held up right, say when mounted on your car or someplace. I hate it, it puts alot of pressure on the pin while talking and always gets in my way! Bad Nokia.

My wall charger that came with the phone is still working cause I don't use it often and when I do it's for long periods which is why it is still working but I now am starting to feel the snapping go away and my guess it will eventually lose contact and not charge. Bottom line try not to use your car charger while talking and don't charge it if you dont have to, charge it at home overnight.

This comment my friends does the best justice for anyone that has a broken nokia small pin charger and upset enough to look up this thread! Damn again nokia. I hope they see my thread.

I use to love my old nokias now it seems they are losing loyal customers and fans. The N82 without the up to date features like WIFI, etc sucks compared to older model phones that were so easy to use and so cleverly put together.

Iphone 3GS here I come!

If you like my comment please let me know.

--
Posted: 2009-07-17 02:27:39
Edit : Quote

Johnbun Posts: 2

On 2007-07-04 14:29:23, belialwafu wrote:
we have a 3310 charger and my friend got a new charger....i compared it...its really really thin

Just wanted to my comment to be on top. Hope you don't mind, don't know if it will work.

Posted: 01:27 Today
I have an N82 and I hate the smaller pin and side location. Nokia is blaming the users??!!! Come on it's hard not to think its a marketing scheme. Switch to smaller pin that NO OTHER PHONE USES, and what? "there's a demand for slimmer devices?" come on!! - Man that previous larger pin is taking way too much space! HA! I can see the forums, "Nokia Please make the pins smaller!!! I need smaller pins!!"

Here's the JIST of my Experience since I don't see many intelligent comments here.

I was pretty upset that I had to buy a new car charger and couldn't use the old ones. They've used the old ones on almost all of there models in the past, which was convenient.

My Nokia car charger has since stopped working after about a year. My logic tells me that the contact inside the pin has been warn off somehow and is no longer making contact. How do I know? I bought a new one and when I plug it in I can feel it snap into place. With the broken one, there is no more snap. Seems like the more you plug it in and out and the more you talk on the phone with it plugged in and dangling from the side the faster the contact will wear off. Hence the car charger is dead cause I use it very often. The side mount is probably so it won't slip off when held up right, say when mounted on your car or someplace. I hate it, it puts alot of pressure on the pin while talking and always gets in my way! Bad Nokia.

My wall charger that came with the phone is still working cause I don't use it often and when I do it's for long periods which is why it is still working but I now am starting to feel the snapping go away and my guess it will eventually lose contact and not charge. Bottom line try not to use your car charger while talking and don't charge it if you dont have to, charge it at home overnight.

This comment my friends does the best justice for anyone that has a broken nokia small pin charger and upset enough to look up this thread! Damn again nokia. I hope they see my thread.

I use to love my old nokias now it seems they are losing loyal customers and fans. The N82 without the up to date features like WIFI, etc sucks compared to older model phones that were so easy to use and so cleverly put together.

Iphone 3GS here I come!

If you like my comment please let me know
--
Posted: 2009-07-17 02:31:38

Bonovox Posts: > 500

I think its sometimes not the pin but the wire inside is also really thin too. But some Nokia phones charge using usb charging port.
--
Posted: 2009-07-17 02:57:00

nicv27 Posts: > 500

I`ve broke a couple of N series chargers carrying them in my bag, The sooner we all use Micro usb as Standard the better
--
Posted: 2009-07-17 10:24:19
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home