Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Software, Firmware and Drivers : Phone Flashing Tutorial XS++
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Phone Flashing Tutorial XS++ Bookmark topic
Page123 ... 293031>

strizlow800 Posts: > 500

Hi to all. I have seen thet flashing CID52 phones has been very often nowadays, but many people are asking how to flash their phones and there is no such tutorial around the forum, so I decided to put one .

First of all I would like to tell the advantage (purpose) or meaning of flashing . Flashing the phone is procedure of putting new firmware (software) in the phone. There are many reasons to flash our phones. Firmware upgrade, solve software problems and bugs, convert our phones to some other model (most common is K800 to K810) and etc...

Flashing the firmware is done by changing the MAIN and the FS part of the firmware (while not touching the EROM and the GDFS) which makes the flashing easy procedure that can be done with the ordinal DCU60 USB cable (the cable you get with your sony ericsson phone) .

Once we know what flashing is, we can start preparing for the flashing procedure . To flash the phone means to change the MAIN and the FS part of the firmware, which means if you want to flash your phone with new one, you have to download it. Firmware and other stuff can be downloaded from here:

http://www.sek750i.pl
http://www.iprotebe.cz

These pages are free and registration is easy and fast.

First, download XS++ flashing program.

When you download MAIN and FS files for flashing, you need to download finalization files for your new firmware. There are MAAANY finalization files (a.k.a custom files or custpacks and etc...) sorted by the phone's firmware CDA numbers. To download the right one for you, you have to check your phone CDA. CDA can be checked from the service menu (>*

When you have all files needed you can start flashing the phone.

You need to have installed flash drivers for your phone. For beginners, flash drivers installation guide is included here:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=150098

When you have the flash drivers installed, you can run XS++.

Before that, prepare you firmware files in one folder (I mean the MAIN and FS file unzipped in .mbn, .fbn format or whatever it is) to have them easy for accesing and navigation.

Turn off your phone. Remove the SIM card. Run XS++ and then press the "Connect button"

Then connect the phone to your pc using the USB cable while the phone is turned off. When connecting the phone to pc, hold pressed the "c"button (on the phone) pressed down. This will connect your phone to XS++, where you can start flashing it.

You will see folowing window:

Press the flash radio button (As number 1 shows) if needed only. That will guide you to the flashing panel of XS++. Here you can select which firmware files you will use to flash your phone with. So check the FLASH MAIN and FLASH FILESYSTEM check boxes. Then press browse and locate MAIN and FS firmware files. When browsing from MAIN navigate and select the MAIN firmware file you have downloaded, and when browsing from FILESYSTEM, do tha same for the downloaded FS firmware file.

Then press the "Flash" button.

Now you have to wait while your phone is being flashed.

Once flashing is done, you will be prompted to unplug the phone. Then you can turn on the phone. You will get this error:

"Configuration error, please contact network operator for information". This means that your phone is not finalized. Finalizing the phone is done by uploading a pack of files into predefined folder inside the phone's filesystem structure. That pack of files is called finalization files also knows as custom files, cestpacks and etc...

Use XS++ to upload these files (you downloaded before) into this folder:

tpa/preset/custom

Use the XS++'s FSX feature to upload these files.

Here is a tutorial how to upload files to phone filesystem using XS++

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153863

You can ask here for more info if something is not clear

WARNING: EVERYTHING YOU DECIDE TO DO WITH YOUR PHONE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ME OR ANYONE ELSE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE MADE TO YOUR PHONE DUE TO UNPROPER USING THE PROGRAMS INCLUDED IN THE GUIDE!!!

Hope this guide will help most of the people who are runing around the forum and asking the members for step by step flashing tutorial .

35fps Camera Driver

[ This Message was edited by: strizlow800 on 2007-09-30 10:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: strizlow800 on 2007-10-01 11:17 ]
--
Posted: 2007-09-30 09:28:00
Edit : Quote

kimot01 Posts: > 500

On 2007-09-30 09:28:00, strizlow800 wrote:

WARNING: EVERYTHING YOU DECIDE TO DO WITH YOUR PHONE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ME OR ANYONE ELSE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE MADE TO YOUR PHONE DUE TO UNPROPER USING THE PROGRAMS INCLUDED IN THE GUIDE!!!

i agree... you need courage to flash your phone
--
Posted: 2007-09-30 09:39:29

Man, this is not that dangerous, but you know, warning is a warning I just have to say that. So that's in case of bigger misstakes.
--
Posted: 2007-09-30 09:42:18

ejwghinos Posts: 104

Oops, I didn't read tha last part. Ignore

[ This Message was edited by: ejwghinos on 2007-09-30 08:57 ]
--
Posted: 2007-09-30 09:55:10

ejwghinos Posts: 104

Great post! Wish I had seen this before
--
Posted: 2007-09-30 09:58:23

byron26 Posts: 74

how long the flashing takes?
it's been two hours since i flash my phone
the only progress is sending_db2020_cid01_prodid_p3j.bin..
what should i do?
--
Posted: 2007-09-30 12:58:21

@byron - PM'ed you
--
Posted: 2007-09-30 13:41:57

i read your pm already, i stopped it already, my phone is still working i'll try flashing on my laptop, this pc im using is SLOW, LoL

--
Posted: 2007-09-30 13:49:18

Hope this guide will help most of the people who are runing around the forum and asking the members for step by step flashing tutorial .

this line pertains to me.. thanks for your replies and posting this guide.

--
Posted: 2007-09-30 14:42:14

@Byron, I use to write that line on almost every my guide .

Anyway, write your result here.
--
Posted: 2007-09-30 14:48:11
Page123 ... 293031>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home