Esato Mobile
Network operators : Asia Pacific : The great New Zealand telecommunications battle
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Asia Pacific > The great New Zealand telecommunications battle Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 1213, 141516>

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

Also, I might add that at my work, we can already sell 2degrees top-ups of $20 and $100 and every $10 increment in between. So it's not just the $20 and $100 as the article implies.
--
Posted: 2009-08-03 09:05:38
Edit : Quote

So, 2degrees have announced their prepay pricing with the promise of a focus on plans and things later on. I don't know about you guys but I think they've had long enough to get this stuff sorted already. They should have had a full roll-out.

So it's 9c/text, 44c/min calls and the top-ups are 'magical' in that you get free texts and half-price calling for 30 days after your top-up. That's decent but it doesn't yet rival Vodafone and Telecom's texting deals like TXT2000, $10 Text and the XT deals. All Vodafone needs to do is make a deal for sending texts to all NZ mobiles and they're sorted. Telecom's XT deals are already better.

The mobile phones they revealed are pretty crappy. The list reads Nokia, Nokia, Nokia, Nokia, Nokia (Samsung) Nokia, Nokia. Weak. They need more variety and more brands. Don't hold your breath for Sony Ericsson.

I have more minor problems to do with the ease of use of their website, but those can wait for another time.
--
Posted: 2009-08-04 03:19:02

soane28 Posts: 401

quite poor really, my vodafone contract is better value hopefully they do abit better than that!

--
Posted: 2009-08-04 05:26:08

Agreed. Apparently my free sim is arriving tomorrow, so I'll see what their service is like then. Carkitter says it's great though.

Just waiting on better deals and phones I reckon.
--
Posted: 2009-08-04 06:40:40

carkitter Posts: > 500

Hey, hey, hey, guys lets cut them a break. I think they've got some great pricing, a good website and a fresh attitude which is quite frankly well overdue!

We must remember that we're in the minority in NZ, having high end phones and using a multitude of features. Many kiwi's will be attracted to 2 Degrees strategy of low price calling, though it may take some time to wean the majority off txting. I like the strategy and think it'll provide a good alternative to CDMA 027 customers faced with paying for a premium XT service when the CDMA plug is pulled (like the 025 plug was pulled some years ago).

The Magic Top-up is reminiscent of the Voda UK plans where you get a decent number of mins and txt for your monthly spend; I like it a lot.

2Degrees data pricing is 50c per MB which is disappointingly high but as long as they get that sorted by October next year when my iPhone plan term expires, I'll finally have a real alternative to Vodafone for the first time in 8 years.
--
Posted: 2009-08-04 07:14:49

Close up will be discussing the 'War for your mobile bill' tonight at 7 on ONE.
--
Posted: 2009-08-04 08:23:01

Anything interesting come up? Unfortunately I'm at work til 11pm so I wasn't able to watch it.
--
Posted: 2009-08-04 10:03:07

Nothing we don't already know.

You'll find the video here.
--
Posted: 2009-08-04 12:39:00

Thanks carkitter. I'm home now so I can give it a watch.
--
Posted: 2009-08-04 13:48:50

Watched it last night. Wasn't all that entertaining and didn't offer up anything new.

But maaan, how slow is TVNZ's video player? Took about an hour to load that clip, and I have fairly decent internet speeds!
--
Posted: 2009-08-05 08:01:22
Page <  123 ... 1213, 141516>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home