Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup : Gprs/mail in finland
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Gprs/mail in finland Bookmark topic
CHC Posts: 13

Hello,

is there any t68 owner in Finland that has got his t68 e-mail configured so that it works with gprs? No matter what email account, just if you got it working because i just cant get it to work!
--
Posted: 2002-02-11 13:15:00
Edit : Quote

JaJa Posts: 36

Hi,

1. do you have GPRS Internet account? The WAP GPRS settings are not enough - email accounts should use this second GPRS data account, not the wap account. If you use Sonera, create new GPRS data account - find help from www.sonera.net >> user support pages.
2. specify the pop and smtp servers in ip addresses. use ping or host commands to find out the IP address of your mail server.
3. you can use any pop server that supports POP3 and does not require secure sockets or APOP to read the mail (not sure about this, but at least R520m requires POP3, not APOP).
4. you must use your GPRS operator's smtp server for sending mail, you cannot use your usual smtp server (if this is the same in both cases, then it is possible).

I use two mail settings, the Sonera m-mail and Saunalahti mail and both work fine. One another account I cannot use, because APOP or IMAP/SSL is required here, and both are unsupported on my phone (R520).

Quote:
On 2002-02-11 13:15, CHC wrote:
Hello,

is there any t68 owner in Finland that has got his t68 e-mail configured so that it works with gprs? No matter what email account, just if you got it working because i just cant get it to work!

--
Posted: 2002-02-11 13:31:00

CHC Posts: 13

thank you! I finally got it working!
--
Posted: 2002-02-11 14:07:00

^Sami^ Posts: 2

JaJa: Could you give me those settings for Saunalahti E-mail.
I have tried many different kind of settings, but I couldn't make them work.

I use Sonera Open Data.
GPRS works well with WAP, but with mail...
--
Posted: 2002-02-13 20:13:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home