Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : O2's Data Plans and Unlimited options
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > O2's Data Plans and Unlimited options Bookmark topic
Page <  1234

masseur Posts: > 500

thats why I want to try it before commiting to the move from t-mob. Hopefully London should be well covered for EDGE and more hopefully around the rail line towards the South as that covers Croydon, M25, Redhill etc.

t-mob gave me my PAC code over the phone right away which surprised me so I'll just hang onto that until I'm sure
--
Posted: 2008-02-29 11:19:35
Edit : Quote

haynesycop Posts: > 500

London should be fine for edge, i tend to just use wifi there are alot of unsecured networks round here. Oh something i meant to ask, the guy i'm seeing is on virgin and is always topping his phone up so i told him to go to o2 on the simplicity contract for £15 per month. Now is that online only, because i saw a poster in the o2 store in town, i always thought you had to do it online you see but if he can go in store that is better as he is hopeless, he ain't got his pac code yet either.

--
Posted: 2008-02-29 11:28:36

masseur Posts: > 500

ok, I just had a 45 minute discussion with 2 O2 customer service people, and then their manager and this unlimited web bolt on is not actually unlimited

it is still only 200mb and all they have done is removed the fair use policy but they have replaced it with an excessive use policy

if you want a similar 3gb limit that web'n'walk offers you have to pay £30/month for what they call web max

I complained that none of this was relayed to me when I called to sign up, nor was it mentioned when I confirmed my deal on Saturday and gave my pac code, and also if you look at the O2 extras page and also their bolt on terms and conditions there is no mention of this 200mb limit or the excessive use policy.

Anyway, I was informed that the customer will be contacted and warned if they are using the web excessively BEFORE any excess charges are applied, although he couldn't tell me what the charges would be.

So I'll keep using it until I get that call and then I'll head back to t-mobile I guess

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2008-03-03 18:07 ]
--
Posted: 2008-03-03 12:18:03

Greggy Posts: > 500

typical o2

This message was posted from a N73-1
--
Posted: 2008-03-03 18:40:25

p900 lover Posts: > 500

Thats what happened to me, i did an upgrade on o2 for the w960 for which i chose the unlimited internet and the woman told me it was actually 200mb but if i went over they would first worn me before doing anything else.

--
Posted: 2008-03-03 21:31:08

Mr Miyagi Posts: > 500

wait wait wait people
massauer wrong information you have been given. And I am surprised you got given that information by a team manager? If you don't mind me asking? Did that manager sound welsh or did he sound as if he was from yorkshire or scotland? lol.

let me clarify this

The 200MB limit was on the old web bolton at £7.50 a month.

No limit is on the web bolton apart from the excessive usage limit.

What this means is, that if you only use your handset to surf the internet only, and don't use it as a modem or skype calls etc, then you are fine, you can use as much as you want.

Excessive usage means that you can use as much as you want, and if O2 feels that you are using more than the average customer should, then they will call you and advise you of this. But they won't charge you since no limit is on the new web bolton.

If there was a limit it would state that in the small print, but unlimited is unlimited and the bolton is only subject to a excessive usage policy only.

and greggy: ask O2 for a pac code, if your really not happy with them. I think i have told you that before. Go to 3 they will welcome you with open arms.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Miyagi on 2008-03-03 21:43 ]
--
Posted: 2008-03-03 22:42:28

Seanyb2 Posts: > 500

I use the Unlimited Web Bolt On with my O2 pre pay number every month. Its great i use it quite heavily every day and i never seem to reach any limit. Its a very good service and i never have connection problems.
--
Posted: 2008-03-04 01:05:00

Greggy Posts: > 500

ive been using 3 for a month. 2gb downloads per month for 60quid a year

This message was posted from a N73-1
--
Posted: 2008-03-04 01:06:47
Page <  1234

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index