Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : vodafone bill me 440?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > vodafone bill me 440? Bookmark topic
Page12>

F1 Posts: 108

How can this be?

i was in australlia on a family holiday

i was texting alot so i can accept the 87 pounds charge for the texts but that still leaves just over 350 quid from calls?

i barely made any calls so i can not understand this, i called my father who was with me in australlia for about 10 minuetes maximum, he is on a 02 business contract,

i was also called by my freind 2 times, lasting 20 minuetes

i called a few people but went to voicemail about 10 maybe 20 but definitly no more than 30 times some of which never even connected

how can a bill come to this much so fast?

what are my options?

any help is a plus +

thanks

--
Posted: 2008-04-30 00:10:11
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

international roaming is not for the faint of heart

but... it should all be detailed in your statement... what does that say?
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 00:12:28

contacted them about itemised billing

its coming

do i get charged even if they dont pick up?

i called some people that did not pick up

but i never used 383 minuetes at (79p) a minuete

i cant even think of that much to say
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 00:34:11

DickySnapples Posts: > 500

you shouldnt be charged if they dont pick up (as long as it doesnt connect to voicemail)

did you have voicemail on? as it costs you for people to leave messages,even if you dont listen to them
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 00:39:42

i cant turn my voicemail off i dont think?

and yh i got a few messages but,, wow what a charge if thats the case

is there anything i can do to avoid paying it ?

ofcom able to help?
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 00:43:58

in my IT experience as a contractor I have only worked for Cable & Wireless in the mobile phone billing industry, and that was for their Carribean operation and there, they do (did a few years back) bill for "airtime" which meant regardless of whether the call is answered, the caller and receiver were charged

I'm certain that is not the case in Australia having used my Vodafone sim card there in the past (even though as an Aussie I have a Telstra sim card)

so you should probably wait for the itemised bill and check that in detail. When I was with Vodafone UK (until 2 years ago) I could simply log onto my account and see the itemised bill, so maybe thats worth doing if you want a quicker answer... and yes, you can always turn off voicemail by turning off your diverts. you don't have to use voicemail if you do't want to

most operators do suggest you turn your phone off and/or divert your calls to voicemail when roaming to save costs. this is because while roaming, your caller pays the local charge for the call and you have to pay the international part of the call to receive the call. if the call instead goes to voicemail then its cheaper for you to simply check your voicemail once a day and then respond to those calls.

at the end of the day, the itemised billing will tell your story
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 00:51:48

if i disagree with the itemized bill what can be done?
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 00:54:57

tricky... by agreeing to having roaming enabled you generally agree with the terms and conditions of roaming, which includes the charges involved

but... if there is a real error in the bill then vodafone will surely sort you out

if you have a general complaint about vodafones roaming charges then the ombudsman is the person to turn to but since vodafone publish their charges, and assuming at this point you have been charged correctly, then there is probably not alot to be done
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 01:01:38

well to be honest we are waiting to get away from vodafone all together, they have been charging us 26 quid a month for a year for a phone we canceled and they claim that they never recived it, they then say they did but offer half the money back? tehre realy pathetic i think ill have to look into the ofcom idea ill perhaps call them tomorow when they are open, anybody done this before? tips/suggestions as to how to go about this would be great
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 01:08:46

Daedalus85 Posts: > 500

The way I've always been told is, Voicemail costs alot even if you don't listen to it, as the call gets bounced from their mobile, to their network, to your network, to the network abroad, to your mobile, and then back again via the internation network. And then all over again depending on how they notify you (ie callback). And you get charged the whole time their leaving the message, as it's running off the international network.

recieving calls costs alot too, so 20 minutes of calls will be a fair bit, plus 10 minutes of calls whilst your there, it all adds up, just simply don't use it when your abroad. Chances are most of its legit, you just need to be more careful.
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 01:51:44
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home