Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : 3g improvements and internet speed
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > 3g improvements and internet speed Bookmark topic
Page123>

All EyezOnMe Posts: 59

I have a k850 and just got new 3g sim from o2 and i was wondering what has improved from 2g. Also i hear the internet connection suppose to be faster but i cant see a difference do i have to change some settings
--
Posted: 2008-04-30 22:05:48
Edit : Quote

Bonovox Posts: > 500

You need to go to settings then scroll to mobile networks and select 3G and GSM. It may be already on 3G but if you are not noticing anything different you may not have 3G coverage where you live. By the signal meter there should be a small 3 if in 3G area.
--
Posted: 2008-05-01 02:43:00

shafrazs Posts: 35

The Second Life® experience is coming to
mobile. The 3D virtual world platform, created by Linden Lab®
will soon be available on 3G handsets via Vollee’s
streaming mobile games service. Beta trials for Vollee’s
new mobile offering for the Second Life Grid platform (an
inter-connected platform which extends beyond the mainland of Second
Life itself) will be open to those who pre-register by visiting www.vollee.com/secondlife.

More info on

http://www.mobilestreaming.tk
--
Posted: 2008-05-06 08:52:06

BINGLE Posts: 1

improvement in 3G is very awful!! i really love it. it has so many features.

--
Posted: 2008-06-11 18:26:03

Daedalus85 Posts: > 500

To coin and adapt a phrase from a recent Fall Out Boy song:

This 'aint a thread, it's a god damm spam race.
--
Posted: 2008-06-11 19:47:51

nvkid909 Posts: 69

3g on o2 phones esp. payg means nowt really, video calls & faster data, tho' on o2 this is often at reduced speed... more useful to laptops when used second to a wifi connection.
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 22:05:00

gothenk Posts: 90

On 2008-06-11 18:26:03, BINGLE wrote:
improvement in 3G is very awful!! i really love it. it has so many features.

BINGLE

im agree with u, but sometimes its difficult to get 3g coverages
--
Posted: 2008-08-27 09:53:12

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all,

Well i must admit i find this thread quite confusing as either some of you are using the wrong phones or the wrong Networks. As since 2006 so well over 2 years i have been getting a much faster and better user experience when it comes to the Web and it has continued to improve.

The first real improvements in data speeds came with GSM HSCSD which gave us speeds up to 115kb/s.

Then GPRS @ up to 171kb/s followed by 3G/EDGE @ up to 384kb/s.

After which we get to what is commonly called 3.5G and HSDPA and now also HSUPA these new protocols currently give up 7.2mbps download speeds and up to 3.6mbps upload speeds. These speeds are comparable and in a lot of cases faster then many peoples Broadband connection at home.

Now obviously you need a phone that supports these protocols and a fast processor as well as a nice large screen to gain the maximum benefit. But on some of the right devices it makes using the Web whilst mobile a full and rich experience missing in nothing and fast and it's going to continue to get faster.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-08-27 09:38 ]
--
Posted: 2008-08-27 10:38:24

Nixxi Posts: 51

Does anybody know why you have to search networks to get a 3g signal?

If its there, why doesnt the phone automatically find it?

In some places I have the 3g icon on, with full signal, but in some places, like my room, its not there. I have to search and sometimes it goes away fast, which isnt enough time for me to click video call.
--
Posted: 2008-08-27 19:56:05

gothenk Posts: 90

On 2008-08-27 19:56:05, Nixxi wrote:
Does anybody know why you have to search networks to get a 3g signal?

If its there, why doesnt the phone automatically find it?

In some places I have the 3g icon on, with full signal, but in some places, like my room, its not there. I have to search and sometimes it goes away fast, which isnt enough time for me to click video call.

hi
imo the fone lock to the strongest signal that its can find, when its find gprs for the strongest signal so its will lock to it, 3G or HSDPA also, sorry for my english
--
Posted: 2008-10-25 20:14:51
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home