Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : O2 Mobile Internet
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > O2 Mobile Internet Bookmark topic
imazz Posts: 142

I used to be able to rely on O2 mobile internet to work reliably, it was slow but everything worked nicely.

It seems in the last couple of months that it is still slow but no longer reliable (things like not being able to view mail in the google mail app, maps not downloading in google maps and opera mini not being able to connect etc etc). I am wondering if this has anything to do with the fuss about capped speeds earlier in the year, or it might be my handset playing up.

Has anyone else on o2 noticed anything similar?

--
Posted: 2008-05-10 16:07:48
Edit : Quote

pmerryman Posts: > 500

I only use the service to check the footy and horse racing results, and I have also found it rather slow too.
--
Posted: 2008-05-11 09:53:46

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Yes i have experienced this too i am on O2 pre pay. I have unlimited data plan and a 3G phone and yes at times it can be slow. I have also have problems reading email it just wont load its driving me insane. Sometimes during off peak times and late at night it wont connect full stop i keep getting SUBSCRIBE TO PACKET DATA or TIMED OUT or CONNECTION NOT POSSIBLE. Then hour later its fine. Come on O2 sort it out whats going on.
--
Posted: 2008-05-14 02:02:00

darrengf Posts: > 500

Are you on o2 contract or PAYG.

If you are on contract and have a 3g or hsdpa phone then you can ask o2 to up your speed.

I have had mine done and now get 686kbs on average when in hsdpa coverage.

However you have to use o2 mobile web to get this speed.

O2 wap is still very slow as it connects through a different server.

if you are on payg. The i beleive at present all you can do is speak to customer care and show your interest and ask it to go to the technical department..

Hope this helps
--
Posted: 2008-05-14 02:21:20

Well i now have a Nokia 6500 Classic which is 3G. My speed is average not amazing but now in past few mins i keep getting messages saying SORRY when i try to click on something. Im on pay and go. Its really getting to me now. My google mail application does no longer work and if i try to connect to mail via phones browser it just keeps saying CONNECTION NOT SECURE but wont connect. Fed up now going to complain its the first problems i have experienced with O2. I pay for my unlimited data and get rubbish.
--
Posted: 2008-05-14 02:41:00

daviep Posts: > 500

i'm on o2 payg,loading wap seems ok with me,fast enough when Edge is avaiable and very fast when i can access 3G.
--
Posted: 2008-05-14 07:17:55

imazz Posts: 142

I am currently trying to convince myself that the following is working better

APN:mobile.o2.co.uk USER:faster PASS:password

I was using

APN:mobile.o2.co.uk USER:o2web PASS:password

It does seem a little better.

The other thing that I have heard recently is that the PAYG data bolt-on is through O2 active only and would therefore be useless to me.
--
Posted: 2008-05-14 08:56:36

No i am able to access other sites ok its just constant loading errors even on O2 Active. And O2 Active is rubbish too.
--
Posted: 2008-05-14 11:29:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home