Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : O2 are crap
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > O2 are crap Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

Bonovox Posts: > 500

I did not mean to be nasty im just very frustrated the service has been great upto now. Its just not what i expect from the uks biggest and so called best network. And its not what i expect when i pay for a service and to be told i cant use it. Not good enough.
--
Posted: 2008-05-14 23:33:00
Edit : Quote

Daedalus85 Posts: > 500

I'm off to bed, but all I'll say is this. We have the biggest UK consumer base (the most customers) and given (admitedly) we've only just got our 3G network up to 80% population coverage, I can understand why their spreading everyones usage a little thin.

Also bear in mind, their offering truly UNLIMITED Internet in terms of the ammount you use it, which is something the other networks claim to offer when they infact do not (they all have fair usage policies of between 300MB and 5GB from memory). So as a result, O2 have to draw the line somewhere, and until our network becomes that bit stronger they have to make a few sacrifices.

And whoever it was who said they don't get any coverage on the train in London, somethings wrong there then, because I really don't believe that for a second. Unless any part of the journey goes through particularly bad valleys or thick concrete or through tunnels and under bridges, then there should be no problem. The other alternative reason is your using it at peak times, and due to the way mobile phone masts are structured, your near by mast might be overloaded at that present time with fellow O2 customers using it.
--
Posted: 2008-05-14 23:51:54

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all

Well i used be with T-Mobile and found there Web N Walk service was excellent at that time. But since last November i have been with VodaFone and must say i have been very impressed with both customer services and the Network coverage. Especially as i now get 500mb of Data pm for the same price just with less texts that i never used anyway here is recent speed test i got using my E90 with a 3G/HSDPA connection.

Not sure what the VodaFone Pay as You Go deals are like but they may be worth taking a look at.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-14 23:05 ]
--
Posted: 2008-05-15 00:03:52

I have full 3G coverage by me i thought 3G had massive capacity compared to gsm. I know what your saying regarding busy times and such but it still does not excuse that i pay the same as contract customers of 7.50 per month and cant use email and they can. I see no excuse. Sorry.
--
Posted: 2008-05-15 00:06:00

Miss UK Posts: > 500

as for the title it took you long enough to notice?

James don't flame me cos ive been on the network longer then you have been in employment with them

I never had any problems with data via 02 only expensive charges last year cos they were the most expensive network to supply Data.

£3 a MB is ridiculous..

Luckily switching to Vodafone ive had the benefit of the doubt im paying still less, and atleast there CS are more sympathetic as to what 02 are.

You should switch to "3" as im aware you get 2GB of data on Pre-pay anyway! I found out that Vodafone offer all weekend free calls, and low cost international calls now so you should try them all out till you get the right one. All I need to do is get my family off 02, bit hard when they lock there bleeding phones though
--
Posted: 2008-05-15 00:07:28

Well just been looking and 3 offer £5 for 3 giga byte browsing in one month and Vodafone do the same 7.50 on pre pay but its capped though Vodafone offer no 3G by me though gsm is fine. Im also so confused as to why 3G on O2 is so slow where i am as the signal is solid and my phone tested on Orange is faster. Im lost.
--
Posted: 2008-05-15 00:28:00

Its just this minute happened again managed to connect after 7 tries it keeps saying PACKET DATA FAILED and its not even peak hours anymore. I have heard from an insider not saying who that O2 has one of the worst network maintenance. They dont fix problems fast but thats just what someone told me its not what im saying. Anyway i got some solving to do now. What must be wrong when i try to connect to G Mail and all it keeps saying is CONNECTION NOT SECURE and all i do is keep clicking on it and it keeps saying same message and does nothing. But as i say its not just email its the poor connection slow 3G and not connecting full stop.
--
Posted: 2008-05-15 00:52:00

Update now is O2 were going to put me on a Simplicity plan of 25 quid per month with 400 mins 1,000 texts and unlimited data plus being able to use my email. But no they declined me. So i now got my pac code going to Orange. Orange tell me you can view email on pre pay with them. I dont care how BIG O2 are or how they brag about how great they are if they are not offering me a service im gone. Its simply not good enough when i pay for something and cant use it to its full potential just cos im on pay as you go. Pathetic.
--
Posted: 2008-05-15 20:36:00

Mr Miyagi Posts: > 500

Well good luck with Orange, all the best
--
Posted: 2008-05-15 21:46:31

Cheers. Im actually in two minds right now i might go with 3 as they offer very good value and internet for one month is 5 quid and email works well with 3. I also have good coverage where i live too. Will let ya know soon.
--
Posted: 2008-05-15 22:34:00
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home