Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : BlueSpoon Bluetooth Review
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > BlueSpoon Bluetooth Review Bookmark topic
Leo77 Posts: 60

Nextlink BlueSpoon Bluetooth headset - the smallest bt available today - 0.335 oz (9,85 gr). In a nutshell - very clear and crisp sound quality, UNBELIAVABLE battery life - more then 4h of continuous talk during my testing, and very decent range- even when my phone is in the other room and the signal has to travel through a drywall.
Few weaknesses -
1. The headset has to be used in quiet environments, since the lack of external microphone forced the engineers to make it very sensitive.
2. After 2 to 3h of wearing the headset, discomfort (ranging to pain) is felt by the user’s ear.

If you want to hear for yourself what is the sound quality and how you are heard by the other party, or read the whole review:

BlueSpoon
review

[ This Message was edited by: Leo77 on 2002-12-31 21:04 ]
--
Posted: 2002-12-31 22:04:00
Edit : Quote

Leo77 Posts: 60

Some information added.
--
Posted: 2003-01-02 15:09:00

Cophia Posts: > 500

Pain from using the BlueSpoon is in some part due to trial and error. I had considerable discomfort when I first tried it (after several minutes of wearing)!

However I have adjusted the spring (realising that it does not have to sit tight for the BlueSpoon to be secure) and also placing the BlueSpoon so it is angled most comfortably (rather than have the pointed part directed towards my mouth) has meant that I can wear it for a couple of hours in the car without problem.

The BlueSpoon is not like th Jabra Earset hands-free, it does not pick up your voice from the vibrations in your ear canal - it does have a microphone (a very sensitive one that works best in quiet or moderate conditions, in a noisy bar a conventional hands-free means that you can at least place the microphone in front of your mouth and shout into it and even that isn't great)!!

--
Posted: 2003-01-02 16:53:00

fijbert Posts: > 500

the question is.. wld u recommend it?
I am debating over bluespoon or the Nokia BT headset..

and I am in crowded noisy places often.. and I sort of dont want to take my P800 out as to not get mugged...
--
Posted: 2003-01-19 20:29:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home