Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : Orange seeks its lost zest
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > Orange seeks its lost zest Bookmark topic
Page <  12

thomas93 Posts: 444

No more 12months contracts
--
Posted: 2008-06-08 22:14:10
Edit : Quote

Bonovox Posts: > 500

One great thing i always thought about Orange. They clearly have the best sound quality when making and recieving calls its always so clear but that would be not enough to stay would it. Thomas93. Is that what they are now saying at Orange no more 12 month contracts? If so thats very bad cos i think people should given the choice and not forced to sign for longer just cos they get a free phone. Im sure networks recoup the cost of a mobile at around 12 months in a contract.
--
Posted: 2008-06-08 22:47:00

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi bonovox,

I don't think Orange are alone in this move i have noticed for some time now the Networks both pushing for minimum spend of £35pm and 18 months or even 24 month contracts.

The difference in both minutes and texts and the price for a new phone can be quite substantial. Although i have also noticed that for those of us that are prepared to buy our devices sim free we can know get good Sim only deals.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-06-08 22:27 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-08 23:26:36

Well i upgrade alot like i used to many years ago on contract. I no longer want a contract. Anyway what i do now is buy either sim free or a pay and go handset and i am free anytime to get another phone im not stuck with one i hate in a contract and not being able to change for months. A sim only deal is a very good option and buying sim free on top of that makes it perfect. My wages are pretty good and i am able to get new phones quite alot but i hate contracts with a passion now.
--
Posted: 2008-06-09 01:25:00

I forgot to mention. Some years ago i was signing a new contract for a second number on my Vodafone account so i could get an S700i. Anyway i fell into the trap and failed to check the paper work being excited of getting my shiny new phone. What i failed to notice was that i had signed into 18 months when i thought it was 12 months. The sales assistant never even said a word to me about what i was signing so he could get a bigger contract. Just goes to show ya gotta read the small print. I never noticed it till it was too late after the return period.
--
Posted: 2008-06-09 01:32:00

apolloa Posts: > 500

You know what. I've been with Orange for what must be 10 or 11 years at least now. Everyone I know is on Orange. I have never had a problem with there CS, yeah I have been on hold but have NEVER spoken to anyone outside the UK that I could tell. I will still stay with them. I've had some brilliant CS from them over the years. I know that it went downhill after it's sell off but only from hear say and not from experience.
I have heard people having bad CS from Three, O2 and I nearly went to Vodafone, didn't like the phone so went back to the shop to change to the K750 on a 12 month contract only to be told I couldn't as they only did 18 month or more contracts in the store. Naturally I said f*** that and went into the Orange store and got it on a nice 12 month one for free.
They all have there bad and good points but for me Orange has been fine.
--
Posted: 2008-06-09 01:33:13

Well there are some UK call centres still going but most are in India. Like for instance the billing department is in India and so many people have complained of extremely long holding times very rude and bad customer service assistants not helpful and such things. I have had bad experiences myself when i was last with them being on hold for nearly 2 hours and thats not a lie. You have just been lucky but perhaps you dont call them often. I would go back if things got better but for now for me O2 still are miles out in front. Their customer service fair enough i have had one or two assistants not helpful but they have been the very best i have ever experienced from any network and thats something you can rarely say these days. Plus i never have to wait to get through the longest i have waited was 3 mins at peak time.
--
Posted: 2008-06-09 02:14:00

Wuz Posts: 319

On 2008-06-09 02:14:00, Bonovox wrote:
... I have had bad experiences myself when i was last with them being on hold for nearly 2 hours and thats not a lie.

I can't possibly imagine staying on hold for nearly 2 hours... surely it would have been quicker to nip to your local store to get it sorted!
--
Posted: 2008-06-11 03:47:43

JiSm Posts: 404

The majority of Indias Orange callcentre is Dealer support and PAYG. Occasionally you will get to "Over flow" which is a back up team in India for Pay monthly. The Billing team is prodominantly in UK now, along with Business CS. Changes are happening as we speak. With regards to 12 months contracts, these are still avaliable. You basically take the 18 month one, add a fiver and remove the unlimited bundle (replacing with 200 landline mins - racoon for eg) and hey presto you have a 12 month tariff on Orange. Handset pricing is calculated on the 18 month tariff too so, if you choose a Tytn2 for eg (which is 89.99 on £35 traiff and £29.99 on £40 tariff) choose the 18 month Racoon 35 and adjust id to 12 months - its £40 - so you het Tytn @ £29.99. Works pretty good actually.
--
Posted: 2008-06-11 09:09:03

When i stayed on hold it was to do with something that the store could not do and it was miles away too. I left it on hold on speaker for that long whilst doing other stuff i eventually got through but i was so shocked that it was so long.
--
Posted: 2008-06-11 22:34:00
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home