Esato Mobile
General discussions : Other manufacturers : Wow! Motorola shows its 2002 phone models. Colour screens are coming!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Wow! Motorola shows its 2002 phone models. Colour screens are coming! Bookmark topic
Page12>

hymie Posts: 249

See this:
Motorola presents 10 phone models at a press conference in Milano, Italy.

Link

cheers,
hymie
--
Posted: 2002-02-14 00:56:00
Edit : Quote

allexdos Posts: 184

Nice photos thanks mate!

I quite like the Motorola A388! But i wish they had an open photo shot of it!

None of the other phones ticked my fancy, but the v66i was ok i guess... The finish on most of the modles look rather cheap and plasticky - But there are a few good hansets in them nono of which look better than our T68. When we get MMS, we will kick arse!

The 6510, 6310, 8310 are all crap and common phones. I think we should wait for SE phones when we get fed up of our lovely T68s!

But for now, looks like ericsson are beating future competition (mot)

(SE) rules
--
Posted: 2002-02-14 01:51:00

Harleydog Posts: 417

Awesome looking phones, i wonder what the specs on these are; More importantly will any of them be triband phones.

Motorola is pretty good about making some tribands, so i would think that one or two of them are.

the one pictured in your thread looks like it has a built in camera so that if another person has the same phone you can see each other when you speak

looks pretty cool
--
Posted: 2002-02-14 01:51:00

allexdos Posts: 184

yeah but that phone is too big, mate! It's like a brick!
--
Posted: 2002-02-14 01:52:00

"Motorola Unveils Global 2002 Handset and Accessory Portfolio -- Changing the Face of Wireless Communications

Fusion of Latest Design, Technology, Fashion and Function Resonates Across Product Line

MILAN, ITALY -- February 14, 2002 – Motorola (NYSE:MOT) today unveiled the Personal Communications Sector (PCS) product portfolio at the Motorola Design Center in Milan, one of the company’s nine global design houses. The 2002 Motorola PCS collection includes five new distinctively designed handsets, three existing handset models with enhanced technology additions and eight companion accessories, which provide additional entertainment and functionality choices. With the debut of these new products, Motorola is reinforcing its leadership role in presenting progressive communication options that infuse high-tech with high-style.

“Anyone who tracks our industry will recognize the new direction represented by our 2002 portfolio. Design, style, elegance, entertainment and overall experience – these are all the hallmarks of a renewed and refocused Motorola PCS,” said Mike Zafirovski, president of Motorola’s Personal Communications Sector.

Innovation Continues
The 2002 collection builds on the company’s technology heritage, reinforcing Motorola’s leadership position in bringing consumers advanced technology innovations with J2ME™, EMS, MMS, GPRS and 3G technologies. The new portfolio includes six new handsets powered with J2ME, providing consumers the ability to add new applications to their mobile phone as their individual needs change and grow. Several handsets in the new portfolio also provide consumers either enhanced or multimedia messaging technology – adding audio, graphic, text and imaging content to short messages. Additionally, Motorola continues its progressive approach by providing consumers with faster data and Internet connection speeds through GPRS technology*, included in each new handset.

Motorola also unveiled the company’s first 3G product, showcasing a look at the future of wireless communications, where video merges with voice and data for a completely new mobile experience.

Design Diligence
The introduction of the 2002 PCS portfolio is also the first glimpse of Motorola’s new design direction – the fusion of fashion and function. As part of this new philosophy, Motorola reinterprets mobile phone design through the use of imaginative form, color and movement. From translucent housings and rich finishes to a new take on the basic action of opening a phone, the 2002 collection goes beyond decoration into substance, creating a deeper consumer value and experience.

Portfolio Highlights
The 2002 Motorola PCS handset collection includes the following products:

A union of fashion, function and design, the Motorola V70 is for the style-minded consumer who desires a progressive and ultra-modern phone. With a never-before-seen rotating cover and circular display, the Motorola V70 blends a futuristic form with urban elegance. Onlookers are magnetically drawn to the Motorola V70 as the cover rotates open to display blue electro-luminescent (EL) MotoGlo emanating through a translucent keypad and they ask – is that a phone or a fashion statement?

The new Motorola A388 is built especially for consumers who desire a truly convergent, all-in-one communications tool without sacrificing style and functionality. Built to be adaptable to all users’ needs, the Motorola A388 features J2ME technology for the effortless addition of customized applications, from business solutions to entertainment options. The Motorola A388 offers the tools professionals rely on for constant accessibility, including the ability to use your phone worldwide in most major cities, e-mail*, handwriting recognition, IM, fax, Internet access* and PIM/PDA functionality. Motorola’s signature clamshell-styling is personified in the model A388’s sleek, fashion-forward appearance, packing a host of features into one compact device.

The Motorola C330 series forges into unexplored areas of personalization allowing users to create their own individual mobile experience, tailored to their lifestyle, loves and lusts. Surprisingly inexpensive, the Motorola C330 series handsets take personalization to a new level – including customizable front and back exterior covers, downloadable “themes” of screensavers, wallpaper and icons, and the ability to compose one-of-a kind "ring tunes" that play true musical chords. Combining the latest functional features with trend-savvy customization, the Motorola C330 series is truly a practical plaything.

The Motorola T720 is destined to become the new communications and entertainment workhorse for the digital consumer. A vibrant 4,096 color icon-driven display opens the door to a host of timesaving and fun technology features including always-on high-speed Internet access* available via GPRS technology* and J2ME functionality for adding customized applications and games. And, as the next step in the evolution of the classic clamshell design, the model T720 sports a chic and sleek exterior that makes a truly smart statement.

As the company’s first 3G product, the Motorola A820 provides techno-savvy consumers with a full range of communications and entertainment features. The fun never stops with high-speed voice and data functionality*, MMS, a video camera, Bluetooth™ wireless technology, downloadable ring tones, games and Multi-call, for conducting a phone call while simultaneously using other applications, such as surfing the Internet*. Unlike traditional mobiles, the Motorola A820 enables users to download movie clips and customize messages with either video or audio files, for truly personalized communication around the globe.

The Motorola V60i, Motorola V66i and Motorola T280i combine the design strengths of existing models with the latest in voice, messaging and gaming technology. These handsets expand upon Motorola’s industry-leading tri-band, J2ME and GPRS technology portfolios to offer a range of business and entertainment functionality, including advanced messaging, ring tone composition, downloadable applications, screensavers, animations and more.

Accent on Accessories
Enhancing Motorola’s 2002 handset collection, the company has introduced a number of wireless accessories to bring a higher level of entertainment, efficiency and freedom to the wireless experience. These products share the same continued commitment to innovative design and superior functionality as seen in the company’s new handsets.

The 2002 accessories collection includes: MP3 Player, Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth carkit, desktop speakerphone, self install carkit, FreeCharge wind-up power source, desktop charger, retractable headset and one-touch headset.

*Network, subscription and SIM card or service provider dependent feature. Not available in all areas.

About Motorola
Motorola Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2001 were $30.0 billion. For more information about Motorola, please visit www.motorola.com.

# # #

MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. Java and all other Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. © Motorola, Inc. 2002.

"

-------------

cheers,
hymie
--
Posted: 2002-02-14 13:37:00

trancedancer Posts: 206

Interesting phones!!!
--
Posted: 2002-02-14 13:40:00

Diego Posts: 121

It seems cool phones
--
Posted: 2002-02-14 18:29:00

Eric's Son Posts: 261

Erghhhhhhhhh! These phones look horrible, like cheap toys, I'm sticking to my Ericsson's thanx! Even Nokia look better than these!
--
Posted: 2002-02-14 22:23:00

@alexdos:

Here you find more info and photos of the A388:

http://www.cellular.co.za/phones/motorola/2002/motorola_a388.htm

cheers,
hymie
--
Posted: 2002-02-15 00:28:00