Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : O2 Unlimited bolt on definately not unlimited
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > O2 Unlimited bolt on definately not unlimited Bookmark topic
Page12>

Bonovox Posts: > 500

I know this has been discussed previously but i found out for definate. I have the 'unlimited' bolt on with my O2 pay and go number. I am not an excessive user and have never gone over the excessive usage amount. Except for last month. Stupidly i was using most days google maps and it killed the mega bytes. So on the 1st of August 3 days before my bolt on was due to be renewed for next month my credit suddenly went and i could no longer connect. I called O2 and they said i had gone over the 'unlimited' amount of 500 mega bytes. OOH I WAS FUMING. UNLIMITED MY ARSE. 3UK offer 3 giga bytes for £5 per month. I really thought it had changed to truly unlimited. Not happy though i wont be using it like that no more. Tut.
--
Posted: 2008-08-04 17:47:00
Edit : Quote

barr5790 Posts: 12

Well it does state on the website : The O2 Web Bolt On can only be used for Internet browsing on your phone. A fair use policy applies and if your usage substantially exceeds that of other users, which is normally expected to be below 200MB/month, you will be charged standard rates for additional browsing.

All things that state they are unlimited tend not to be, even your broadband connection will have a fair usage policy. And how you could rack up so many Mb amazes me as I've lasted the last year or so on the 2mb bolt on and Google maps doesn't use all that many unless were you exploring the entire world ?

There website also states however :

We will send you a warning text message advising you to limit your usage before this occurs and a text message to confirm when you are being charged.

So unless this is a new addition you should have been notified when your usage became "excessive" otherwise complain that you weren't notified about how many megabytes you had transmitted.

--
Posted: 2008-08-04 21:00:03

It should not be advertised as unlimited and i only use browsing on my phone nothing else. The google maps does use alot of mega bytes though i have never used that much ever before. I normally just browse and download the odd pictures or something small. But im sorry weather its broadband or mobile its false advertising if its unlimited cos there are alot of people out there who do use it alot.
--
Posted: 2008-08-04 21:18:00

Mr Miyagi Posts: > 500

Bonovox is it advertised as unlimited but if you look at small print it is subject to excessive usage policy. On pay and go it is about 500mb they say is excessive which is same amount that voda gives. But on contract it is more than 500MB more than what t mobile gives too. but if you use it excessively they have the right to stop the service, however mind you, you should have got a warning of some sort of your usage, maybe they give warnings only on contracts hmm. but neways if your not happy get a pac code and go to 3.

--
Posted: 2008-08-04 21:33:07

No i got no warning. Thats just my point of view they should advertise it as 7.50 per month for 500 mega bytes that more clear and people will know more easy. Not put it in the small print how often do people read small print. I know they have to have controls for excessive usage but its wrong in my eyes. I browse everyday quite alot and im always going to fear now not knowing. You have no way of knowing how many mega bytes your using unless you keep calling O2. Pathetic.
--
Posted: 2008-08-04 21:58:00

Bonovox name one network that clearly says the internet they offer is only a certain amount of megabites??

I would doubt you would see any network say that. They all say it as unlimited. So why should O2 say it in clear writing that they have an excessive usage policy and you only get so many megabites in clear bold highlighted writing when all the other networks don't?

If you have got a personal vendetta against O2, then go to 3, if you love them that much!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Miyagi on 2008-08-04 21:15 ]
--
Posted: 2008-08-04 22:14:02

I dont have a personal vendetta against O2 and im not a big fan of 3 but 3 do state 3 giga byte per month for 5 pounds. Thats clear advertising so you know what your paying for and how much you get. THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY YOU CANT ADVERTISE SOMETHING THATS UNLIMITED WHEN ITS CLEARLY NOT. My brothers home broadband says unlimited downloads AND IT IS JUST THAT. I was not happy with no warning and never got my credit back.
--
Posted: 2008-08-04 22:36:00

Oh and 3 let you check how much you have used.
--
Posted: 2008-08-04 22:41:00

talking about 3 they are advertising the following as unlimited for £5 a month, but is it really unlimited now hmmmmm:

http://www.three.co.uk/person[....]s_services_/add-ons_/index.omp

--
Posted: 2008-08-04 22:42:35

MnM Posts: 185

I must say "unlimited" should be what it says (without the small print). If it is not unlimited then tell us what it costs for how much. Just have bands
--
Posted: 2008-08-04 23:11:05
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home