Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : P800 First Impressions
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > P800 First Impressions Bookmark topic
Page12>

jomni1 Posts: 257

Pros and cons? Value for money?

I know a lot of this has been discussed even before its release.
But now that some of you have bought it, we want to know what you think about it. (cool features and functionalities, features that are lacking, quality of the camera, etc.)
--
Posted: 2003-01-06 05:58:00
Edit : Quote

jplacson Posts: > 500

I love it! Worth every cent! My other options were the Palm TT or the Sony Clie VX70. (The new Viewsonic PPC was also considered but was sold out, iPaq is out of the question cuz it's WAY TOO BIG...too bad, I love the way it looks)

Ok, 1st impressions...

A LOT of features... and I mean a LOT... settings for almost every single application on the phone. Plays media pretty well! (MP3s, WAV, MIDI, etc...) Small note for people who want really loud ringtones ... WAVs encoded at 11-22kHz, 8-bit, mono... and IMY ringtones are EXTREMELY LOUD! The normal T68i IMY rongtones sound really good, and are audible in almost every situation (except for rock concerts and shuttle launches! ) Inbox is excellent! I finally found out how to transfer saved SIM messages BACK to the phone! (A note to Mondo, if you're reading this... I haven't figured out your Outbox problem yet). MMS, Email work like a charm.

WAP, WWW surfing is such a breeze (don't expect IE6 performance people!) There's another browser that was mentioned here, I think it was from Reqwireless... it's ok...but the P800 browser works a lot better. The only advantage of the Reqwireless browser is that you can surf via Bluetooth.

For people who have Bluetooth on their PCs and use MSN, Yahoo, etc... get TIPICme!!!! Amazing piece of software!!! (More stable than the real MSN if you ask me!!! )

MIB-II and Stunt Car are just fun to look at, and demo to people... very difficult to play since you might bash your screen while shooting aliens!

Camera works really well, even on default settings. Low light performance is really good. A lot clearer than the MCA-20 or Nokia 7650.

Now, my gripes... the color! I'm sick of baby blue and white!!! hahahaha... seriously:

Browser button is pointless. I hope there's a way to remap this into something else. Jog-dial isn't as smooth as the ones on the Clies. Built-in pen feels weird, but still useful if you don't wanna bring around another stylus. Stereo jack isn't standard... you need a funny 4-banded 2.5mm jack. The phone comes with a stereo headset with a mic for handsfree use...but I was hoping I could plug the phone into some PC speakers...not that important, but it would've been nice.

No T9... hopefully SE will release new apps for this soon.

Main complain over-all? Speakerphone/Multi-media speaker is at the BACK of the phone, and not the front. Weird design, wish it was in front with proximity sensor instead (Just like on the R520m)

That's about it... will keep posting new things I find out! May you all get your P800s soon!!!
--
Posted: 2003-01-06 06:36:00

arnoldc Posts: > 500

jplacson, how about real applications such as List Manager, Spreadsheet, Database (i know Oracle and Sybase is coming), AvantGo, Personal Finance Manager, Application development, etc.
--
Posted: 2003-01-06 06:42:00

pachy Posts: > 500

Well i got mine today, but still using win 98 & i think thats a bit of a problem, unless there`s a way round it for now.
--
Posted: 2003-01-06 06:46:00

Sounds good. Keep the reveiws coming (good or bad).

--
Posted: 2003-01-06 07:08:00

sad1k981 Posts: 27

ummm...

to -jplacson-

tanong ko lng kung saan ka nakabili?
tsaka magkano?

do u think na mas maganda picturse quality ng P800 compared to N7650?

thnks.........
--
Posted: 2003-01-06 07:41:00

kapitan jackal Posts: > 500

!@JPlacson,

WOW! (im still picking up my jaw)
--
Posted: 2003-01-06 08:19:00

@sad The phone's available in semicon for 39k This post was posted from a T68i
--
Posted: 2003-01-06 08:36:00

sad1k981 Posts: 27

ic..
do u have one?
what do u think of the picture quality?
do u think it have a better picture quality than the N7650?

--
Posted: 2003-01-06 09:19:00

@sad-

nope too expensive for me.
it's more expensive than the 7650 because of the PDA functionalities.
--
Posted: 2003-01-06 10:15:00
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home