Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Tips and tricks : Tip for cleaning the fastport connector
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > Tip for cleaning the fastport connector Bookmark topic
Page <  12345

VLADISLAUS Posts: 176

I always clean the fastport using like liquid balm or cajuput oil (what is it in english? i said 'minyak kayu putih' in indonesian)
Pour a piece of cajuput oil at the fastport (better use a cotton to put the oil to the fastport) then brush it slowly using toothbrush until they're look shiny
After that, clean the residue of cajuput oil in the phone casing using unused cloth (can make a corrosive if u don't clean it up)
Taraaa... The fastport is now clean
--
Posted: 2010-05-27 15:57:10
Edit : Quote

rochel.o8 Posts: 17

Im Using needle.
--
Posted: 2010-05-31 08:21:00

yoyoatw Posts: 6

this is kinda off topic, but this might relate. My phone (w580i) used to connect to my comp fine. Then after a couple months, my computer started giving me this error: "Usb device has malfunctioned" . I tried different computers and different usb cables (all Sony Ericsson brand) , and it gives me the same error. I think its a problem with the fastport connector, will cleaning it make it work again or will i have to replace my phone?
--
Posted: 2010-06-07 23:29:44

mriley Posts: > 500

On 2010-06-07 23:29:44, yoyoatw wrote:
this is kinda off topic, but this might relate. My phone (w580i) used to connect to my comp fine. Then after a couple months, my computer started giving me this error: "Usb device has malfunctioned" . I tried different computers and different usb cables (all Sony Ericsson brand) , and it gives me the same error. I think its a problem with the fastport connector, will cleaning it make it work again or will i have to replace my phone?

It says this all the time for me, just keep re-connecting and try tips here will fix it.
--
Posted: 2010-06-08 00:06:03

yoyoatw Posts: 6

On 2010-06-08 00:06:03, mriley wrote:

On 2010-06-07 23:29:44, yoyoatw wrote:

It says this all the time for me, just keep re-connecting and try tips here will fix it.

thanks man. what specifically did u do to fix your fastport?
--
Posted: 2010-06-08 00:34:24

globularity Posts: 1

I found the wd40 tip worked very well but I had to de grease it with vinager afterward. Use very little, you dont want to short the electric. Just spray a tiny amount onto some grease proof paper then gently dab your DRY tooth brush in the WD40, Different toothbrush just dab a little vinager. Works really well. Was going to buy a new phone and I pod but my phone works as new now
--
Posted: 2011-09-29 08:29:57

sleep04 Posts: 18

very good indeed. Thanks for sharing
--
Posted: 2012-02-18 21:59:00

tanishbel87 Posts: 1

For the last month or so I've been having problems trying to charge my iPhone, having to position the charger in weird ways for it to work. Tried different cables without luck.

Turns out the lightning port was dirty full of lint! I removed so much stuff from the port using a toothpick (carefully) that I regret not taking a photo of it. Now it charges as new.

Not sure if it's a common problem but is worth giving it some maintenance.
--
Posted: 2020-10-24 15:03:07
Page <  12345

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home