Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Symbian phones : Guide: How to change Sony Ericssson G900 to CDA Custom World1
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Guide: How to change Sony Ericssson G900 to CDA Custom World1 Bookmark topic
Page <  123456>

Destro Posts: 32

thanks for this helpful guide
--
Posted: 2009-06-29 22:27:26
Edit : Quote

shadeybeep Posts: 3

I just can't get this to work! I am pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly. The software version on my phone is still 1205-0644 R6K839. When I run XS++ and backup the gdfs file again, it shows 1204-3148..R6K83 where it used to say the old number. So what am I doing wrong? The data in the .bin file I backup from my phone using XS++ shows the new cda number, but the phone still shows me only the old one. Is this even possible? How can the phone show me the old numbers when the gdfs file shows different ones? I am not even sure if the new numbers in this .bin file are correct. My .bin file was different than the example. The example in the guide showed only 3 characters in the second part of the cda version, whereas my phone has 6 characters. Plus, my .bin file doesn't have "000C" or "000D" which all the guides I can find seem to think it is supposed to have.

I can restore my old gdfs file (of course I saved a backup of the original), but that isn't going to get me any closer to updating to GW1. I'd rather not lose all of my data again if it isn't going to let me get the GW1 firmware anyway. I really want to remove chinese from this phone. Everyone says GW1 is faster, too ... I'd really like my phone to be faster.

I considered that it was possible I had to just reinstall the SEUS software, even though SEUS says I have the most recent version (maybe it will update to the new cda version anyway?), but SEUS will not give me the option of reinstalling the software. It just says that there are no updates available, and then I can either exit or update another phone.

I can upload my original .bin file if anyone wants to see it. If anyone can help me, I would be extremely greatful!

Kelly
--
Posted: 2009-07-03 21:53:05

engstedt Posts: 1

Epic nice WIN!

Thanks alot, worked like a treat after small fixes.

Got my phone from Hong Kong, but i live in sweden. So i couldnt use swedish language on it, neither was it possible to use exchange active syc cause of wrong organizer version.
Used this guide to change version of both cda and organizer version the i run the SEUS and after that when i started the phone i could choose swedish.

Fantastic!

--
Posted: 2009-09-13 00:25:45

avvake Posts: 1

Hi, those pics in guide no longer work. Anyone have alternative for it?
--
Posted: 2009-11-02 19:29:43

MinhChiHD Posts: 3

hey everyone, I did all steps completely.

Thank you for your support
--
Posted: 2009-12-08 04:06:18

Caspa Posts: > 500

Nice one for this thread... My G900 has been playing up to the point that I have wanted to smash it up... Screen goes blank and it reboots easily 5 times a day - caused me to oversleep today too! It also is extremely slow and lethargic, doesnt respond to button presses and just freezes continuously...

Today I had enough and thought I'd try and flash it as a last resort (thought it was more the fact it was old and been a bit battered etc), found out that as its a Customised UK I have the latest software, so followed this guide and now I have a Generic World 1 handset with the latest software and at least for the time being - the handset is working properly and is unbelievable better than it was!!!

I think I may be able to cope with it for another couple of weeks until I get my new phone and line!

So big thank you to the author of this thread!
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 18:06:16

testea Posts: 1

IT'S GREAT INSTRUCTION..... TOU'RE GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Posted: 2010-02-11 04:52:15

g900windows7 Posts: 1

Is anyone tried this on windows 7,because FX++ cant read my phone,and how do I install flash driver on windows 7 when he always uses his own driver when I conect G900???
--
Posted: 2010-03-18 10:58:32

zamastak Posts: 1

G700 PROBLEM! NEED SOLUTION!!! Situation: After writen through SEUS there was a problem - now the my mobile does not determine WAP GPRS tuning and it is impossible to load no language! Did everything that was written, In HEX editor replace CDA - made in OLD VERSION, but SEUS talks that the last version of OS is already set.
Phone sysinfo: G700, Phone: 1203-6566 R9N002 Bluetooth: 1200-5567 R1F02 Organizer: 1205-0657 R6K842 CDA: 1204-3148 R8A 1211-4603 R8A
--
Posted: 2011-01-09 20:23:44

robin74 Posts: 1

thank you for sharing, It is a great post.

Samaa TV Live
[ This Message was edited by: robin74 on 2011-01-13 06:26 ]

--
Posted: 2011-01-12 13:12:33
Page <  123456>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home