Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Esato members welcome Windows Mobile!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Esato members welcome Windows Mobile! Bookmark topic
Page123>

max_wedge Posts: > 500

I never thought the day would come, but SE has embraced the Windows Mobile ecosystem!

Yay for all us WM heads.

Will WM last?

Will SE suck up to Symbian Foundation (SF)! Yeah right

Thoughts?
--
Posted: 2008-10-28 13:31:50
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

lol, our own little corner of Esato

of course WM will last... whether it will last with SE is another question but I feel that SE will realise they have alot less problems in the WM platform. I was just chatting with an SE support guy who said they can't remember when a phone launch had so few calls in the first week!

anyway, I wasn't sure about the need for a separate forum but now I can see it, I'm happy
--
Posted: 2008-10-28 13:39:46

jcwhite_uk Posts: > 500

As it is under the Sony Ericsson does that mean it is for discussing WM devices (currently only the X1) or all WM devices?
--
Posted: 2008-10-28 13:47:01

Yeah, WM will last, I meant will it last with SE. tbh I can't see many alternatives atm, despite some of the Nokia fans around here praying for a Nokia/SE hybrid.

I think the separate forum should prove very useful. Especially with a lot of SE users who will be new to WM and be needing a lot of help. Just as your SE colleague has noted.

WM is a bit obtuse to new users, but it's the sort of thing that once people get familiar with it they really lap it up.

SE, along with Samsung, may just achieve a coup for WM that other OEM's have failed to do so far: bring it into the mainstream. Samsung and SE are in the top 5 market leadership. HTC is nowhere.

--
Posted: 2008-10-28 13:49:37

masseur Posts: > 500

@jcwhite_uk, as its an SE forum it should be used for SE product(s) in the same way the SE symbian forum is used only for SE chat
--
Posted: 2008-10-28 13:54:34

I'm sure we'll find enough to discuss.

At first I was a bit sceptical about SE taking on WM, but now that I'm used to the idea I'm pretty happy about it.

Afterall it does bring together the BEST phone OEM with the BEST mobile OS
--
Posted: 2008-10-28 14:07:29

Aware Posts: > 500

So we're gonna need an Android forum by next year too then??.....

@Max, people are already testing SF devices, or Nok/
SE hybrids, as you put it, whether they're wanted or not - and apparently, the SE ones look/feel akin to UIQ, even though they're not at all......

Regardless, nice to see a wm forum on Esato...I do wonder just how much busier XDA devs have been over the last week(and will be)......

--
Posted: 2008-10-28 14:12:32

On 2008-10-28 14:12:32, Aware wrote:
So we're gonna need an Android forum by next year too then??.....

@Max, people are already testing SF devices, or Nok/
SE hybrids, as you put it, whether they're wanted or not - and apparently, the SE ones look/feel akin to UIQ, even though they're not at all......

I'm sure they are. They will be hedging their bets. Time will tell. I don't have a problem with it, as long as 1. SF remains truly open source ie: SF members aren't dictated to by Nokia, and 2. SE retains their own design and UI philosophy.

btw, SE don't have an android phone as yet but you can always post in Other Manufacturers

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2008-10-28 13:18 ]
--
Posted: 2008-10-28 14:17:04

Aware Posts: > 500

Yeah, thanks for that... ...as yet, maybe......

SF - 2) is pretty definite, I'd say, whereas 1), as you pointed out, depends how Nokia work......

As for WM...well then, you up for an X1 linux port(dribble )?? Or not so heavy on WM tweaks??

--
Posted: 2008-10-28 14:40:19

On 2008-10-28 14:40:19, Aware wrote:
As for WM...well then, you up for an X1 linux port(dribble )?? Or not so heavy on WM tweaks??

Oh, I luuuv WM tweaks

I've looked into linux on WM but there is no usable port as yet. I've also looked at Win95 (not for any useful reason - just to see it done) but it also is unusable.

There are working DOS emulators

--
Posted: 2008-10-28 14:43:35
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home