Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Vodafone UK
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Vodafone UK Bookmark topic
Page <  12

buckle247 Posts: > 500

There is a Voda live icon in the menu and something called vodafone find and go, which I can't seem to get to work (only software branding I have seen so far), there is a small logo on the back of the phone.
--
Posted: 2008-11-08 22:37:23
Edit : Quote

Merlyn101 Posts: 167

O2 are advertising with a 4gb card.
--
Posted: 2008-11-09 02:16:00

the_mont Posts: 97

Hi fellow VF users,

Yes Vodafone will provide a 2Gb (this is the maximum size they provide) IF you ask nicely....

Seriously it's all to do with the way the do Sales and Marketing. I upgraded my handset to the X1 a couple of weeks ago now and providing you ask, and the sales person has the "budget" to let you have one, they will.

That is each Sales person, has there own mini-account, to sell you things like free minutes, text, etc. probably no different on other networks.

Anyway I have a 2Gb card from VF with my free upgraded handset. I don't use it to be honest because I already ordered a 8Gb SAN disk one. Good for a backup-I suppose .

Chris

--
Posted: 2008-11-12 00:34:09

the_mont Posts: 97

WI-FI problems on Vodafone
====================

Hi all,

Vodafone have an outstanding issue where they have made a "hash" of connecting to the Wi-Fi network, with there famous "o/s branding". Basically out of the box, you can connect to Wi-Fi, but your handset will use the existing 3G network - rubbish I know.

Anyway I've found a solution (others might already have) if Wi-Fi is important to you (not so much to me, as I use a laptop in my house, and haven't found a need to use it on the phone).

So steps below for those interested:
1. in Comm Manager -> switch off the Phone connection, which will also
automatically disable the Data Connection. This is not always necessary,
but for some reason, turning off the Data Connection is sometimes,
troublesome.

2. Now switch your Phone Connection back on, and Data Connection
should be off, switch on your already set-up Wi-Fi connection.

Now you can browse away - and I've tested the speed on my broadband connection and where 3G is quick and HSDPA even faster - my Wi-Fi connection blows them both away, with outstanding download speeds.

Still for me, I've tested "just for fun" as I don't need to use it, but some of you might like to.

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: the_mont on 2008-11-11 23:51 ]
--
Posted: 2008-11-12 00:49:12
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home