Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : X1 - Change from German to English?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > X1 - Change from German to English? Bookmark topic
juniji Posts: 116

I just recieved a German X1.
Is there any way to change it to English?

Please post step-by-step as my German is as good as my Chinese. (BAD!)

Thanks
Juniji
--
Posted: 2008-11-18 01:23:30
Edit : Quote

Marly Posts: > 500

Usually SE phones ask you to select the language, when you put a new simcard in them, the X1 didn't then ?
--
Posted: 2008-11-18 01:52:38

On 2008-11-18 01:52:38, Marly wrote:
Usually SE phones ask you to select the language, when you put a new simcard in them, the X1 didn't then ?

No - this is not only a non SE (HTC) piece of garbage, but a Windows Mobile smart phone with a Win interface. It comes up directly in German and you must struggle to get through the menus. I didn't find anything that looks like a language menu.
--
Posted: 2008-11-18 02:32:33

masseur Posts: > 500

once again you are reminded this is windows mobile phone, not an SE generic phone, and so you must choose to buy the language you want or be prepared to update the rom to the language version you want.

WM usually only comes in one language variant so you must already be prepared to accept that language as your choice and/or be prepared to update the firmware to a language that suits your requirements

this is basic homework prior to buying any WM product
--
Posted: 2008-11-18 02:47:26

On 2008-11-18 02:47:26, masseur wrote:
once again you are reminded this is windows mobile phone, not an SE generic phone, and so you must choose to buy the language you want or be prepared to update the rom to the language version you want.

WM usually only comes in one language variant so you must already be prepared to accept that language as your choice and/or be prepared to update the firmware to a language that suits your requirements

this is basic homework prior to buying any WM product
Massure -
Thanks for the useful information. I could live without the snobbish remarks about, "once again" being reminded.
Can you explain how to upgrade the rom without making me feel like a dumbsh1t?
I'm trying to evaluate the phone, but have been sent a German version.
Thank you so much for your help.
Juniji

[ This Message was edited by: juniji on 2008-11-18 04:11 ]
--
Posted: 2008-11-18 05:05:53

Marly Posts: > 500

On 2008-11-18 02:32:33, juniji wrote:
No - this is not only a non SE (HTC) piece of garbage......

Wouldn't call them a piece of garbage, though not as userfriendly as a generic SE phone, WinMo phones are a great piece of kit, once you know how they work.
My husband has had several of them, from the first Orange SPV, then i-mates, Qteks, up to the HTC Touch he's using atm, and he wouldn't want another type of smartphone for his work.
But all of them were original Dutch retail versions, so we've never had to think about the language.
--
Posted: 2008-11-18 06:08:28

masseur Posts: > 500

sorry, this was not my in intention (of course), but there's only so many times you can tell people to go to xda developers to find how to load another rom (in order to get another branding/language etc)
--
Posted: 2008-11-18 08:05:01

amty1001 Posts: 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=431218
with software
first flash with HardSPL to yur bootloader

then format ur memory card and copy the image file generic_uk

that is here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407148&page=2

and start ur in boot loader

now u will get whole english os on yur xperia x1i