Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : My review of the Nokia 5800 touch
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > My review of the Nokia 5800 touch Bookmark topic
Page1234>

vegetaleb Posts: > 500

I am a SE fanboy since the T68 and my last SE phone was the K850,Nokia phones for me were ''for the masses'' and after I bought a N95 last year it didn't last 1 month before I sold it for a K850! I hated the cheap built and the too complicated menu of the N95 + poor battery of 10 hours max!
Now in January 2009 one year after I bought the K850,I wanted to change to a new cell phone after 2 BRODs and a cracky screen,so as usual I looked in the SE choice: C905 the natural successor of the K850 is too ''fat'' for me and I don't care anymore for a wow mp camera,the G705 is nice but SE didn't release it yet in our region(baaaad marketing SE) and God knows when! So I looked toward a used iphone because a brand new one cost 750$ and so I begin to read reviews and user comments about it and this phone appeared to be missing important stuffs like bluetooth pairing and sms forwarding,then I remembered an advertising about a nokia touch phone not expensive...it was the 5800 XM!! After reading lot of reviews the majority of them says it's an exellent phone including MR,so I bought it!!
And voila my personal review 24h after:
The good:
-Laaaarge screen,my K850 seems so small near it
-Loud volume
-Good touch response
-GPS,WIFI
-S60 V5 is way more easy to use than V3(N95)
-Browsing the net with the touch screen is so nice
-Google Maps using touch to slide maps
-Very few bugs,it's more some adjustements to be made like missing clock and missed calls notification in standby mode(after keylock)

The bads:
-The plastic borders,specially the one the right because of the page slider
-Missing notification as said before of missed calls and SMS when in standby (off screen)
-If an SMS is received while not in the home-screen we can't see it,we have to return to the home-screen
-finger traces(but it's normal for a touch screen phone)

About the battery it lasted only 24 hours after a first full charge BUT it's the very first charge AND the battery was half empty before charging it,so I preffer to try it more before jumping to conclusions,others dudes managed to have 2-3 days of battery.

So as you can understand I am happy with this new nokia phone which is far better than the crappy N95,so if you had a bad nokia experience before give them a second chance with this new kind of phone and a new better user friendly S60

--
Posted: 2009-01-08 14:59:17
Edit : Quote

kwabs2006 Posts: 184

Wow! Im so in love with this phone!! Post pics pls! i really really want to buy this! The Iphone sucks (when it cmes to features). this has every thing i ever wanted in a phone. nice review btw
--
Posted: 2009-01-08 17:12:00

voda_jon Posts: > 500

... nice would like to see some 'live' pics too...

still lovin my G1 which is basically the same phone a little smaller but with a clock and the best system notification system bar none!

Every program on Android can flash notifications in any app and i can check the begining of txts whilst in any other app....

plus i get all the google apps and much more and updates to fix problems are coming out...

i got ma fingers crossed for u that Nokia update the software and sort your problems out asap as it could be a great phone!

check out symbian freaks (google it!) for some great apps and news! ALL LEGAL!

J.
--
Posted: 2009-01-08 17:49:08

Sony α Posts: > 500

Hmmmm - glad to hear you like your 5800!

My brother is currently deciding whether to stick with Orange in London, and get a 5800, or go to Vodamoan or o2 for the X1....
--
Posted: 2009-01-08 19:25:53

vegetaleb Posts: > 500

Live pics taken with the Nikon D90

--
Posted: 2009-01-08 23:51:23

kwabs2006 Posts: 184

This is beautiful!
--
Posted: 2009-01-09 23:33:00

adnansanni Posts: > 500

Congratulation.
It would be nice if you post more pictures from different angles. How is the screen? Is it scratch-resistance?
--
Posted: 2009-01-10 23:52:54

Neo-Tech Posts: > 500

Great review and amazing photos, you have an awesome camera there, I wish I had one like that. Anyways, back on topic now.
--
Posted: 2009-01-11 14:11:13

Yakkaimono Posts: 425

Nice review!
I really want to try it out but I can't find it anywhere in germany.
--
Posted: 2009-01-11 15:36:56

QVGA Posts: > 500

It really is one of the best TS phones out there
--
Posted: 2009-01-13 07:24:49
Page1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home