Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Symbian phones : PC Suite & Windows 7
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > PC Suite & Windows 7 Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

NiQ Posts: 37

Im really getting frustrated now... I really hope someone can help me...

I just can't get my SE P1i to work with Windows 7.

I first tried to install the PC Suite the original way. The software installed fine but when I tried to search for the phone I didn't found anything.

I then uninstalled it and tried the tip with extracting the .exe and .msi files.
The drivers were installed correctly but I STILL couldn't found my phone.

I now have the following drivers installed:

Sony Ericsson P1 Composite Device
Sony Ericsson P1 PC-Connect Controller
Sony Ericsson P1 Application Port (COM1)

Even tho I have those installed PC Suite can't find my phone and when I tried to use MyPhoneExplorer I could connect to the phone but I couldn't sync my calender becuase mRouter wasn't connected.

I then opened mRouter and noticed that it wasn't connected to the phone. I tried to enable all COM ports in "Connectivity Methods" under "Advanced Settings" but still no luck. It just doesn't connect my phone!

I also tried to connect via Blueooth. I get the phone in the Devices screen in Windows but two drivers aren't installed.
Bluetooth-peripheral and another Bluetooth-peripheral.

With this I CAN connect the phone in Windows and PC Suite DOES see the phone via bluetooth and I CAN connect it with the pin code BUT after that, PC Suite STILL searched for "connected devices" and just loads and loads and loads with no result...

Can someone please, please help me with this? I really need to sync my calender on my phone with outlook as fast as possible. :/

--
Posted: 2009-08-20 01:07:14
Edit : Quote

Maratonmannen Posts: > 500

On 2009-08-20 01:07:14, NiQ wrote:
I just can't get my SE P1i to work with Windows 7.
Even tho I have those installed PC Suite can't find my phone and when I tried to use MyPhoneExplorer I could connect to the phone but I couldn't sync my calender becuase mRouter wasn't connected.

I have the exactly same problem with PC Suite and W7 RTM.
MyPhoneExplorer was able to sync SMS and calls, but failed with calender and contacts since mRouter wasn´t connected.
--
Posted: 2009-08-20 08:45:04

Maratonmannen Posts: > 500

On 2009-08-20 01:07:14, NiQ wrote:
Im really getting frustrated now... I really hope someone can help me...

I Finally got P1i and W960i to work with Windows 7 RTM (English x64 Enterprise).
Sync with Outlook 2007 and MyPhoneExplorer and backup in PC Suite works fine.

• Turn UAC off.
• Install the latest PC Suite (1.5.26) in Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista and Run as administrator.
• Restart your computer.
• Download and unzip the following: http://alltomxp.itpoolen.se/filer/P1/p1_usb_signed_drivers.zip
• Install the Setup.exe (File version: 4.40.2.1) in Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista and Run as administrator.
• Turn UAC on.

Voilà!

--
Posted: 2009-09-10 19:08:42

msl Posts: 1

On 2009-09-10 19:08:42, Maratonmannen wrote:
I Finally got P1i and W960i to work with Windows 7 RTM (English x64 Enterprise).
Sync with Outlook 2007 and MyPhoneExplorer and backup in PC Suite works fine.

• Turn UAC off.
• Install the latest PC Suite (1.5.26) in Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista and Run as administrator.
• Restart your computer.
• Download and unzip the following: http://alltomxp.itpoolen.se/filer/P1/p1_usb_signed_drivers.zip
• Install the Setup.exe (File version: 4.40.2.1) in Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista and Run as administrator.
• Turn UAC on.

Thank you so much for this! I now have my M600i working with Windows 7 64-bit. I think the USB signed drivers were the trick as I could install PC Suite (along with mRouter) OK anyway but it failed load USB drivers and consequently to recognise the phone.

Just one thing to add: don't connect the phone until after installing the signed USB drivers or the wrong drivers get installed. I rebooted after installing the USB drivers -- not sure this is required but I'm not doing it again to find out!

This thread also turned me on to MyPhoneExplorer so I don't have to bother with Outlook anymore and can sync to Google. Very nice.
--
Posted: 2009-10-25 19:40:08

lukechris Posts: > 500

I'm running Windows 7 and never had a problem with SE PC suite, run in compatibility mode for XP SP3!
--
Posted: 2009-10-26 14:37:22

anupGT2 Posts: 1

I run 7RC and use MyPhone Explorer 1.7.4 for my K750i.

Absolutely no problems.

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php
--
Posted: 2009-11-02 09:35:33

gseth Posts: > 500

I am running SE PC suit with Windows 7 along with myphones explorer. No warnings or issues during installation. Everything works fine.
--
Posted: 2009-11-02 11:55:31

mallaccra Posts: > 500

both SE PC Suite and MPE works perfectly with my windows 7 and vista...
for those who couldn't run SE PC Suite, try the following tricks:
# uninstall SE PC Suite
# go to AppData > Local > Sony Ericsson, locate the Sony Ericsson PC Suite folder and delete it
# reinstall SE PC Suite

--
Posted: 2009-11-02 18:14:30

shadeybeep Posts: 3

I have no idea what finally worked, but I now have my G900 working just fined in windows 7 home premium (64 bit).

I wish I could say exactly what steps I took to get it working, but I just did so many things.. I'm not sure which things were necessary and which were not.

I can say for sure that I needed the drivers from the cd that came with the phone, though.. even though they had already been installed in vista, and I used the exact same drivers for 7...

I had to get the phone to stop being recognized entirely so that I could manually install the drivers again. Then suddenly pc suite recognized the phone.

Hooray!

If anyone else needs the G900 drivers, let me know. I'd be happy to share.
--
Posted: 2009-12-16 02:03:11

atleeyoung Posts: 1

hey shady, i need the G900 drivers for Windows 7..cant get it to work =(
--
Posted: 2010-01-18 05:25:22
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home