Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Software, Firmware and Drivers : Ericsson EMS
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Ericsson EMS Bookmark topic
seaver death Posts: 2

Hi, people.

I have a trouble with ericsson mobiles. i want to send melodies and pictures to them. i tried to send it like in GSM SMS specification. it didnt work. then i just sent one melody from T39 to nokia and read it with cable, but i saw that there was not any UDH in UD so it wasnnt ems!! then i sent the same format another melody to T39 it received successfully, but when i send it to T29 it received it just like a simple text Can some one explain me: IS THERE A UNIQUE FORMAT FOR ERICSSON MOBILES?!?!?!?! if there is not so where can i get the correct information????

--
Posted: 2002-02-19 07:50:00
Edit : Quote

arnoldc Posts: > 500

Yes, there is a unique format for EMS (supported by SonyEricsson, Siemens, Motorola). Consult the EMS Developer's Guide.
--
Posted: 2002-02-19 09:11:00

seaver death Posts: 2

I know that EMS should be unique. But the problem i that not all phones support it for example i tried to send melody to T39 in EMS as described in that document (ems2.pdf), but it didnt work. so i sent one melody from T39 to Naki 5110, and read it with datasuite. there wasnt any UDH (UDHI was set to 0) and DCS was 00 (7bit default alphabet). i didnt believ it and send back to T39 and it's worked. T39 received a melody. So i cannot see where is EMS. tha same thing about siemens they wrote that 45 series will support EMS. but they just sending simple BMP or MIDI for picture or melody respectively, with out any chages to files again where is EMS? is there some one who wrote such applications, so that the same melody(at least melody) could be sent to T29, T39, T65, T68?
--
Posted: 2002-02-20 00:02:00

arnoldc Posts: > 500

I sent the following to a Siemens S45: "Hello, World! "

When the message got to the S45, It was read individually, i.e.,

1st message, "Hello, World!"
2nd message, ""
lost the image!

I guess, it is how the terminal interprets it.

Have you been to the Ericsson Mobility World web site? There is an EMS discussion forum there.

--
Posted: 2002-02-20 00:36:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home