Esato Mobile
General discussions : Non mobile discussion : Parroty Parrot Thread
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Parroty Parrot Thread Bookmark topic
Page1234567>

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Hi All,

Im looking to Re-home a Pet and I was wondering how I went through with this has anyone been through this with any Org's such as the RSPCA?

I would love to own a cat but im worried about it clawing my furniture can
kittens at a young age be trained to stop this?

Another pet im looking for is a Parrot im after one of these more then a
cat as ive kept birds previousley wild ones at that!

if anyone can please help me in anyway i'd be very happy

Cheers Kerry!

...Read last post to understand whats going on lol....

WARNING FULL OF COCKATIEL'S lmao
and other peoples cutey Parrots
[ This Message was edited by: Miss UK on 2011-09-09 13:11 ]

--
Posted: 2009-04-20 03:02:18
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

last year we went to our local RSPCA as we wanted to get a rescue dog, and we were extremely lucky to end up with a pure pedigree poodle which was 7 years old. now a year later we're still feeling priviliged to have been able to get this dog as she's a beaut!

there's alot to do before the RSPCA will hand over an animal for rescue/re-homing so the best bet is to go and introduce yourself to your local RSPCA and let them know what you want and to show some interest and if you match their requirements in terms of accomodation and suitability it won't be long before you're matched with what you are looking for.
--
Posted: 2009-04-20 03:22:03

Thanks for that Masseur your lucky to get a Pedigree,
Poodles are lovely Dogs

I have been intouch with a parrot adoption scheme however they didn't get back intouch with me, ive Joined the RSPCA online and sent them a Enquiry on the subject lets hope they can advise me further!

ive just joined a Parrot forum and im sitting there in tears cos the Birds are Beatiful and I wish i could own one desperatley (I know im sad) lol

ive just wanted one of these birds for such a looong time now ive got my own place it feels like the right time to Enqire
--
Posted: 2009-04-20 04:17:34

shelly58 Posts: 373

Can I just ask do you work full-time? We've had large parrots all our life and they do require a lot of attention!! they are not the pet if you are at work full-time and actually is neither a dog

Parrots need a lot stimulas to keep them happy otherwise they end up unhappy and stressed which in turn lead to feather plucking to the point of making themselves bleed! and being aggresive, they love human company and like to be placed where they can see everything going on.

As for a dog ive got 6 ranging from a chi to a rottie, which also need a lot of looking after and personally i actually do home checks for the RGT in which we would'nt consider rehoming any dog if she/he was going to be left for more than a max of 4 hours a day.....but like i say this all depends if you work full-time if you dont then its a choice of which you feel you want

Sorry if i sound a bit off putting but ive seen enough unwanted dogs and stressed parrots in my lifetime because a person fancied one as a pet without going into or learning everything there is to need to know before embarking on getting a pet

Forgot to say if you need any addresses etc pm me and ive got a few you can get in touch with
[ This Message was edited by: shelly58 on 2009-04-20 12:00 ]

--
Posted: 2009-04-20 12:55:18

golemsmate Posts: 442

very right shelly, a good pet for a full time worker would be an adult cat, ours can survive easily without us and can be outside for most of the day (9-5) without worries

not the same with a kitten though they need contant attention and looking after. we were also lucky by our cat just came to us house trained and everything. We looked for the owners but couldnt find any so he's ourss!
--
Posted: 2009-04-20 17:52:44

I don't work fulltime at the moment but that may change as ive been kinda lucky getting past 2 interveiws and got a trial

I understand they need 24/7 care otherwise they go insane many Birds do ive kept pigeons and a goose so I know, everyone needs some attention Birds are the same aswell as any other animal you can't just abandon them for the sake of it..

Ive made some enquiries btw and the birmingham Animal centre is my next bet now so i'll see what happens anyway!
--
Posted: 2009-04-20 23:13:25

OK so a friend of mine wants rid of her Cockatiel and has asked me if I would like it "Well of course I would"

ive been intouch with my council to findout if it's ok to accept the little chap and next week if all is fine he'll be my new lil lodger
--
Posted: 2009-04-24 02:36:23

and presenting my new little birdie which ive renamed "Teallie" lol

[ This Message was edited by: Miss UK on 2009-04-30 16:35 ]

--
Posted: 2009-04-30 14:16:52

RyaN Posts: > 500

a ha! Quality! He looks a proud one

Does he have a little mirror in there?