Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Sony Ericsson to make Android phones for Orange
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson to make Android phones for Orange Bookmark topic
Page <  12

jack00 Posts: > 500

heck, whats the problem ?

i'm not a fan of google(android and i would never buy one). but cooping with orange is a good way to increase sales and advertisment.
--
Posted: 2009-04-22 21:12:30
Edit : Quote

carkitter Posts: > 500

On 2009-04-22 17:54:40, blerk wrote:
Too little too late.

I tend to think the same, they are giving the others a major head start.

Will Android really take off and be around for a long time? Are Google good enough to get it right first time when UIQ failed, Symbian is going through a major overhaul, WM sales are flat, Blackberry is having a resurgence and Apple is pretty untouchable despite the recession?

Other than being open source, how do Android phones differentiate themselves from WM devices?
--
Posted: 2009-04-23 06:15:22

razec Posts: > 500

On 2009-04-23 06:15:22, carkitter wrote:

On 2009-04-22 17:54:40, blerk wrote:
Too little too late.

I tend to think the same, they are giving the others a major head start.

Will Android really take off and be around for a long time? Are Google good enough to get it right first time when UIQ failed, Symbian is going through a major overhaul, WM sales are flat, Blackberry is having a resurgence and Apple is pretty untouchable despite the recession?

Other than being open source, how do Android phones differentiate themselves from WM devices?

They better cancel their membership with OHA and focus on Symbian Foundation instead. I highly doubt they can support 3 platforms under a very small developer group. idou will end up another massive failure (software stability wise) if they keep doing things this way imo.
--
Posted: 2009-04-23 06:28:55

blerk Posts: > 500

@razec exactly. They should focus and do a better job, especially software wise. Look at Nokia, most if not all of their new phones come with symbian now. Their firmware updates actually introduce new features for old phones, and features from newer phones are often back-ported to the older models, SE should watch and learn. My next phone will certainly be a Nokia.
--
Posted: 2009-04-23 09:13:52

Nhyrohale23 Posts: 57

It's not that old, and this is like a confirmation of the rumors appeared
--
Posted: 2010-02-05 11:22:30
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home