Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : C905 Accelerometer? ends the call
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > C905 Accelerometer? ends the call Bookmark topic
csocaciu Posts: 2

hi,

I've recently switched from my old friend K750i to a shiny C905. Done the software update (it says 1205-9079 R1DA032 now), which btw is not really working from the phone itself.
I noticed an annoying "feature" of the accelerometer. While having the slide open, if I move the phone in a random position, it "wants" to lock the keys, but immediately gives up. Sometimes, I can manage to hold the phone in that exact position and the keys get locked all the way. OK, this is not annoying enough . How about, when I make a call with the slide open and after 2 seconds (or 10 or something) the call ends by itself? I can't see the screen, because I'm in a call (duh!!!), but the keys are not locked.
Strange thing is that after mumbling a couple of "f" words, I try to make a test, but (imagine that!) it doesn't happen again. I guess *he* knows when I make tests and when I mean bussiness.
I played a little while with "close to end call" and "automatic keylock". I don't know if the keylock affects the call. Maybe someone of you guys could give me an idea. thanks!
--
Posted: 2009-05-07 09:19:32
Edit : Quote

yea g Posts: > 500

hmm... that sounds like a hardware problem to me. the best thing to do is probably get it fixed under warranty
--
Posted: 2009-05-07 09:46:45

goldenface Posts: > 500

The slider is quite sensitive. I've found that if I have the slider open and push the bottom of the slider towards the left with my thumb, then it temporarily locks the keys.

Harmless but strange nevertheless.
--
Posted: 2009-05-07 10:36:36

csocaciu Posts: 2

exactly. I was just playing this afternoon with it. I noticed that if I push it leftwards it locks temporarily the keys. it's not exactly harmless if you have the "Close to end call" enabled.
I disabled that feature, but I would have liked using it. life is just not always fair. thanks for your answers though.
--
Posted: 2009-05-07 21:07:34

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home