Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : iPhone 3GS discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > iPhone 3GS discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 94, 959697>

masseur Posts: > 500

I replaced ny 3G last year due to dust in the screen, not long before the 3GS came out.

The replacement I got was in perfect condition which couldn't be said about the one I gave them (apart from the dust).

I'm thinking about making some reason to do that again this year as I'll be selling my 3GS as soon as I get the new version
--
Posted: 2010-05-04 12:29:18
Edit : Quote

anonymuser Posts: > 500

On 2010-05-04 12:21:08, SE-Naz wrote:
My 3GS handset which was replaced starting having battery problems within 1 month... and when I took it to them they said we wont replace the battery and gave me another refurbished handset... So it is a hassle...

So you got an (effectively) new phone rather than just a replacement battery - how is that a hassle? To tell you the truth Apple quality control is proving very poor - I exchanged my first 3GS because of a yellow gradient on the screen, and now I'm noticing an uneven backlight at the top edge of the replacement's screen, so I'm getting this one swapped tomorrow as well. These aren't refurbs either!

It's a bit annoying having to swap for a second time, but at least with itunes backup/restore nothing's really lost. That's one of my favourite things about the iphone actually.
--
Posted: 2010-05-04 14:31:55

SE-Naz Posts: > 500

I have had to swap 4 iPhones....

1 Crack
2 Crack
3 Button
4 Battery

All within 5 month period...

And for the backup... It still takes time to restore... depending on how much you have on your phone... It use to take me around 2HRS to set up... On top of the 1HR journey and 30MINS in the Store and the money for travel... So yes it is a hassle...
--
Posted: 2010-05-04 14:56:59

anonymuser Posts: > 500

Like I say, the quality control's not there and that's a shame. But still, the backup/restore works better with the iPhone than any other phone I've had - true, it's a bit of a hassle, but better than having to just wipe and start all over again from scratch.

My 3G developed a small crack above the silent switch after just over a year - out of warranty but maybe I'd have been able to get it changed still if I made enough fuss - but I couldn't really be bothered, it was barely noticeable and the phone was perfect in every other way. I'll keep swapping my 3GS until I get a perfect one though, and I hope all this returns data is getting back to somebody at Apple who can tighten things up. I bought a Macbook Pro last year and the first one of those came through with a factory-installed dent in the aluminium - not good enough!
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2010-05-04 15:17 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-04 16:13:31

AbuBasim Posts: > 500

I had a 3GS for about four months and the only complaint I had was that the chrome detail around the phone was easily scratched. Don't use the phone if you haven't shaved as beard stubble is hard enough to make marks in the chrome.

--
Posted: 2010-05-04 17:30:35

SE-Naz Posts: > 500

You are one of the lucky ones...

As when I went in to get my phone sorted... I was told that the cracking is a known issue which they will not be dealing with so if it happens we will replace during warranty period only... This is not good... as they know they have an issue but there not going to sort it out at the production level...

Who said APPLE are better? There not, they have many issues just like other manufacturers...
[ This Message was edited by: SE-Naz on 2010-05-04 16:45 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-04 17:43:11

vlotnet Posts: 88

On 2010-05-04 17:30:35, AbuBasim wrote:
I had a 3GS for about four months and the only complaint I had was that the chrome detail around the phone was easily scratched. Don't use the phone if you haven't shaved as beard stubble is hard enough to make marks in the chrome.

No kidding?
I hate chrome accents (or any kind of thin coatings, actually - especially gloss). They always wear away or mark easily.
[ This Message was edited by: vlotnet on 2010-05-04 18:45 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-04 19:43:06

londonlad123 Posts: > 500

I am very impatiently waiting for the new iPhone.

WWDC is June 7th so about a month for it to be announced.

--
Posted: 2010-05-04 22:53:59

REO Posts: > 500

How many of you carry your iphone in your pocket and do you have problems with dust underneath the screen?

I'd love to carry mine in my pocket. I do, once in a blue moon (but I'm afraid), I've heard stories of dust getting underneath the screen. Is this even true? if not, then I would definitely toss my leather holster.

Please advise or share stories. Thanks!

--
Posted: 2010-05-08 17:37:33

masseur Posts: > 500

I've never used a case with any of my iphones. If I'm wearing a business shirt then the iphone sits in the shirt pocket otherwise its in my trouser pockets.

My 3G a year ago did get dust in the screen but Apple happily replaced it for that reason.

My 3GS, which I've had since the day it came out, has zero dust
--
Posted: 2010-05-08 17:43:02
Page <  123 ... 94, 959697>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home