Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 45 ... 313233>

Angello Posts: > 500

On 2009-09-02 20:44:00, doministry wrote:
I've had all of them besides the last one
http://www.se-first.com/images/stories/vulcan/IMG_8976.jpg

P900 is missing
--
Posted: 2009-09-02 20:45:31
Edit : Quote

doministry Posts: > 500

On 2009-09-02 20:45:31, Angello wrote:

On 2009-09-02 20:44:00, doministry wrote:
I've had all of them besides the last one
http://www.se-first.com/images/stories/vulcan/IMG_8976.jpg

P900 is missing

Yes... And I never owned it either...
--
Posted: 2009-09-02 20:54:29

sealover94 Posts: > 500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QfvfnUoN38
--
Posted: 2009-09-02 21:16:05

Legen Posts: 469

On 2009-09-02 19:09:58, dr.W wrote:
Wow, what a major disappointment. What's the point of going from 3' to 3.2" in terms of real life difference when the Touch Pro 2 has a 3.6" display and the Omnia Pro will have a 3.5" display? If it were AMOLED and the quality was going to be that much better I could see it, but with the same type screen what advantage does this have over either of those two phones, in fact, I think the Omnia Pro will have an AMOLED display. There is no built in storage and no mention of the processor, which suggests that its nothing to brag about and thus not the 1GHz Snapdragon that was rumored. Really, aside from Windows Mobile 6.5, sorry, Windows Phone, and the 8.1MP camera, where is the real improvement over the X1?

After reading Badassman rave about how much better this was than anything else out there now, I was very excited about this phone. Now I'm forced to wonder whether his expectations were too low, or he had a better prototype than they released.

There is absolutely nothing about this phone that I've seen so far that would make me choose it over the Touch Pro 2 or to wait for the Omnia Pro.

I think Mizzle was right.
[ This Message was edited by: dr.W on 2009-09-02 18:10 ]

thot the point of different processor was for the phone to run faster. if its running fast doz it really matter whether its the one from the X1?
people should not complain about the lack of AMOLED screen. have you seem them under direct sunlight? sure they look pretty indoors but you cn't see squat wen you go out side, which most of us are bound to do by the way(windows mobile has never had good legibility under sunlight, imagine that coupled with AMOLED).
the phone is definitely an improvement over the X1. bigger screen - check, accelerometer - check, quick availability - check, lag(lack of) - check, camera - check...etc. Ooooh and xvid support according to gsmarena? IMO, nice one sonyericsson. now show us Rachael.
--
Posted: 2009-09-02 21:17:19

sealover94 Posts: > 500

640 hours stand by ??? wow great job there and 10 hours talking !!
A new phone in case it stops workin' ?? great
divx support !!!
great design !!
--
Posted: 2009-09-02 21:28:58

dr.W Posts: 100

On 2009-09-02 21:17:19, Legen wrote:

On 2009-09-02 19:09:58, dr.W wrote:
Wow, what a major disappointment. What's the point of going from 3' to 3.2" in terms of real life difference when the Touch Pro 2 has a 3.6" display and the Omnia Pro will have a 3.5" display? If it were AMOLED and the quality was going to be that much better I could see it, but with the same type screen what advantage does this have over either of those two phones, in fact, I think the Omnia Pro will have an AMOLED display. There is no built in storage and no mention of the processor, which suggests that its nothing to brag about and thus not the 1GHz Snapdragon that was rumored. Really, aside from Windows Mobile 6.5, sorry, Windows Phone, and the 8.1MP camera, where is the real improvement over the X1?

After reading Badassman rave about how much better this was than anything else out there now, I was very excited about this phone. Now I'm forced to wonder whether his expectations were too low, or he had a better prototype than they released.

There is absolutely nothing about this phone that I've seen so far that would make me choose it over the Touch Pro 2 or to wait for the Omnia Pro.

I think Mizzle was right.
[ This Message was edited by: dr.W on 2009-09-02 18:10 ]

thot the point of different processor was for the phone to run faster. if its running fast doz it really matter whether its the one from the X1?
people should not complain about the lack of AMOLED screen. have you seem them under direct sunlight? sure they look pretty indoors but you cn't see squat wen you go out side, which most of us are bound to do by the way(windows mobile has never had good legibility under sunlight, imagine that coupled with AMOLED).
the phone is definitely an improvement over the X1. bigger screen - check, accelerometer - check, quick availability - check, lag(lack of) - check, camera - check...etc. Ooooh and xvid support according to gsmarena? IMO, nice one sonyericsson. now show us Rachael.

Do we know its going to be noticeably faster in day to day use? I've compared 3.2" displays to 3" displays, you can tell the difference looking at them, but in use there is not significant difference in the user experience. If you compare the screen on the TP2 it is noticeably larger and is significantly better for web browsing or document viewing/editing. So you're excited about a screen that is 14% larger, an accelerometer, a better camera, and a perceived lack of lag-I guess you're the target market for the X2.

I care mostly about productivity, not so much multimedia, so I look to how the phone will make my work easier. When I have to view a webpage, or edit a word document or view a pdf, I want the text and images to be easy to read without having to scroll for days because I've used up all of the screen. If I can have all that and a great camera and top-notch multimedia I won't complain, but I won't trade the former for the latter.

So, yeah the X2 might be the perfect phone for someone, but I just don't think I'll be trading in my X1 for this. When I bought the X1 it was clearly better than the competition in the WinMo field. The strengths of the X2 compared to the rest of the field are not as important to me. The thing is, HTC will release 10-15 windows mobile phones in the time period that SE releases one, so you know that in a few months something better will come along from them. SE can't be competing against what is out there now, or else it will be outdated in a few months, which is what the X2 will be. The X2 can't even match the Toshiba TG01, which has been out for months now. By Christmas there will be many Windows Phones with Snapdragon processors, 1GB of RAM and 16-32GB internal memory. SE needed to lap the field with the X2, so by the time their next product comes out the field will just be catching up. They just didn't swing for the fences with this one.
--
Posted: 2009-09-02 23:32:36

T-mobile Posts: 222

Does the X2 have an FM radio or not? It is not mentioned in SE website!
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 00:31:55

aydahm Posts: 218

so what would be a reason to buy Satio and not X2? 12MP + Xenon Flash?
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 00:51:03

doministry Posts: > 500

On 2009-09-03 00:31:55, T-mobile wrote:
Does the X2 have an FM radio or not? It is not mentioned in SE website!

I've seen it on one of the videos.
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 00:55:34

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Satio has: the Arm Cortex-A8 TI OMAP3430 CPU with PowerVR SGX Graphics Processing Unit @ 600mhz, so its hardware is far more powerful, yet far less power hungry, it has 12mp camera, Xenon flash, Symbian S60v5, larger 3.5inch screen etc. . . The Satio would generaly be better for Multimedia whereas X1/X2 are better for more Business Orientated things.
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 00:57:13
Page <  123, 45 ... 313233>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home