Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 456 ... 313233>

alexlt Posts: > 500

On 2009-09-03 00:55:34, doministry wrote:

On 2009-09-03 00:31:55, T-mobile wrote:
Does the X2 have an FM radio or not? It is not mentioned in SE website!

I've seen it on one of the videos.

Yep, I saw radio in the videos too, but it doesn't appear in website, just like video call feature ...
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 01:16:58
Edit : Quote

rizzamarv Posts: 132

Question: the screen seems to be covered by a single plastic sheet ranging from top to bottom of the phone (exceeding the actual screen). If the technology of the screen is the same as the X1 this would be kinda weird...?!? as the screen on the X1 is not really "hard"... (i mean like iphone or glass hard...)

would be interested to know what kind of feel this thing has....
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 03:23:02

razec Posts: > 500

This handset looks hot way to go SE!

though i'm pretty disappointed with the same CPU used in its predecessor, at the end of the day it shows how good windows mobile 6.5 manages to remain smooth and fast despite the heavier resource consumption by its visual improvements. though i still wished it had that snapdragon CPU or even tegra at least. Also there hasn't been any UI demo on Windows Mob 6.5 in this phone yet. for those who think 6.5 isn't too much revamped 6.1 then heres the video review of one of the latest beta build of the OS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXWVXk2GEo

and for the latest (so far) build of 6.5 here were the screenshots. the start button is now placed on the bottom portion and there were keys as well beside it. the top portion no longer has keys and the user can tap on the top portion to reveal buttons larger icons. the volume buttons are also larger, very finger friendly by the looks of it. i would like to comment on one major thing it still lacks: true customizable themes!

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=8120

as of now, i can see the default windows mobile 6.5 being a more finger friendly and nice looking OS than its predecessor. way better than any stock S60 5th UI imo. even the hardware still betters both N97 or the newly announced X6 - both has still weaker CPUs and no real graphics accelerator. besides, 128MB ram on a resource hog S60 5th is a joke. satio and omnia HD had been pioneering 256MB and nokia is still way behind.
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2009-09-03 03:02 ]

--
Posted: 2009-09-03 03:53:32

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=8120

as of now, i can see the default windows mobile 6.5 being a more finger friendly and nice looking OS than its predecessor. way better than any stock S60 5th UI imo. even the hardware still betters both N97 or the newly announced X6 - both has still weaker CPUs and no real graphics accelerator. besides, 128MB ram on a resource hog S60 5th is a joke. satio and omnia HD had been pioneering 256MB and nokia is still way behind.
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2009-09-03 03:02 ]

However, Nokia has a LOT of money to through into the dump with the N97, N97 Mini, and X6; unlike SE.

To be honest this X2 turned out a LOT sexier than I imagined. I never thought I'd like a WinMo device but this is looking REALLY sweet and powerful.

Could anyone think that SE could release a mobile that not only was top sexy - as usual - but made the predecessor LOOK dated?!

I'm seriously going to read more about this and consider it against the iPhone 3GS. I can DEFINATELY see a few S60 5th Edition users that bought the N97 looking at this and saying why didn't Nokia give us this kind of finish.

We'll see what the quality is like - pictures seem to be the MOST important with majority of Esato fans here.

I'm very curious about "USB support". This is listed just under USB Mass Storage ... which to be already explains USB support is there, so why list it differently? Does this unit support USB Host? Nah I'm dreaming n'est pas?

Does anyone know if the TV-OUT is via the 3.5mm headset jack? Is the camera the same used on the W995?
I think although it looks a bit slow, I'm hoping SE firmware can really speed this up, if not the XDA developers WILL. Don't worry that Qualcomm cpu used in the X1 is VERY capable even by today's standards to run WinMo 6.5. Don't expect serious GUI transitions & multimedia prowess that the Tegra/Snapdragon offer - those cpu's are relegated to netbooks or WinMo7.

Thanks for enticing me again.
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 05:20:59

Oh if Mariah called me on my phone MAN I wouldn't care what phone I had I'd drop EVERYTHING I'm doing just to be with her .

Oh baby!
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 05:33:38

>500 Posts: > 500

some protos have the black version with a black keypad, like the one Rog has posted on his site.

but on press shots, black version has silver keypad. will it remain this way?

black on black looks better imho....

good to see bluetooth 2.1 coming through too...
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2009-09-03 05:33 ]

--
Posted: 2009-09-03 06:31:03

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

On 2009-09-03 06:31:03, >500 wrote:
some protos have the black version with a black keypad, like the one Rog has posted on his site.

Press shots have a chrome d-pad too, where proto shots that I've seen have black ones.
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 06:37:39

razec Posts: > 500

On 2009-09-03 06:37:39, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

Press shots have a chrome d-pad too, where proto shots that I've seen have black ones.

Not only that, the proto of the white version of X2 is white, while on the official photos it looks silver. i would also like to add that the WM 6.5 build installed on the X2s being previewed isn't final - yet. the start button should no longer be at the top portion just like this one.

--
Posted: 2009-09-03 07:35:31

On 2009-09-03 06:37:39, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

Looks like the D-Pad is GONE. only the direction optical sensor remains. Hence the reason for directional arrows on the keyboard.
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 07:43:24

synn Posts: > 500

Looks like I found my next phone!
--
Posted: 2009-09-03 10:26:33
Page <  123, 456 ... 313233>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home