Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : HTC HD2 discussion and unboxing Pictures
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC HD2 discussion and unboxing Pictures Bookmark topic
Page12345678>

erazer007 Posts: 331

Here are the unboxing pictures of the HTC HD2. These pictures are taken with an Apple iPhone 3GS by our good friend Centrinos.

View all pictures here
http://www.fonearena.com/blog[....]d2-unboxing-photo-gallery.html
[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2009-11-27 12:27 ]

--
Posted: 2009-11-11 11:49:28
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

strange that we don't have a dedicate HD2 topic but anyway... I was deciding between the TG01 and the Hero and even put out a wanted ad for the Hero but today I started reading up some more on the HD2.

I loved the look of the original HD but as I was new to the iPhone I didn't feel justified in getting the HD, especially has it held its value well for quite a while, and even now still sells for around £300.

It was really the resistive screen of the TG01 that put me off but the HD2 has a capacitive screen with multi touch and it also has a 480 x 800 resolution in 4.3".

today I also read that the HTC HD2 will be officially upgradeable to Windows Mobile 7 and if that story is to be believed, it makes the HD2 a unit with a fairly good life span, and so I have now ordered one

can't wait!
--
Posted: 2009-11-22 02:08:41

Caspa Posts: > 500

Ahh, Big M... Thought you was gonna be a part of the Hero crew as I am soon to be... (new year that is)...

Was looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it to be honest!

Well congrats on the order, hope you like... Looks a bit too big for me...
--
Posted: 2009-11-22 03:09:31

it was a close thing, but perhaps I'll wait for the X10 now

the HD2 reminds me very much of the iPaq hx4700 which had a 4" screen and was ahead of its time but really, at 121 x 67 x 11mm compared with iPhone 116 x 62 x 12mm, the HD2 is not really that much bigger but everything I read and view about it suggests its the closest to iPhone so far.

all I need to do is find a good iTunes compatible sync utility for music, videos and podcasts and I'll be even happier with it
--
Posted: 2009-11-22 03:16:40

Caspa Posts: > 500

Oh the iPaq days, I remember them!

Yeah, not too much difference in size really when you compare them directly... Well with that processor is should be pretty snappy and HTC do seem to be on to something with this Sense UI, the more I see of it the more I want a device with it!
--
Posted: 2009-11-22 04:48:46

londonlad123 Posts: > 500

Even though htc have done an excellent job, now that I've ordered it, my memory of previous winmo phones has come flooding back! I don't like the idea of messing around with cab files and having to fix things gone wrong. That said I haven't had a winmo since 2006 but I doubt much has changed there.

I've opted for this since it's got a complete spec and a useful lockscreen that shows you your appointments, which is handy to me. Though I haven't found out how many appointments it shows? Todays only, next 48 hours or next 3 appointments?

I probably would have preffered an iPhone 3gs but it's just too expensive and I would have to give up any well earned upgrade discount. Here's hoping winmo 6.5 is good enough. Not too keen on the new winmo Homescreen, doesn't show enough info.

I'm sure winmo 7 will work on this and htc will even provide the update but next summer seems far away.

Didn't use email on my last winmo, it does support HTML email?

--
Posted: 2009-11-22 16:13:10

My hd2 has arrived. Build Quality is excellent. Feels like your holding a piece of metal. UI is speedy and to answer my own question the lockscreen only shows your next appointment.
--
Posted: 2009-11-24 18:59:57

mine arrives tomorrow

Its not been that long since I had WM but I do recall that being configurable, possibly in the today screen settings, or maybe its was due to SPB plus or one of the other extensions I use.

I'll learn it all again tomorrow!
--
Posted: 2009-11-24 19:04:55

I can change the homescreen to show upcoming events but not the lockscreen which is the one new in 6.5 with the sliders that move left or right at the top and the time at the bottom.

As for the keyboard, if you get on with the iphone the keyboard's not bad at all.
--
Posted: 2009-11-24 19:19:44

My wife decided to step out for 10 minutes yesterday, and they were the 10 minutes the phone was trying to be delivered!

got it today though and so far I'm well impressed. By far the best WM I have used, and the screen is to die for!

one problem so far is that I can get it to login to my youtube account, it keeps saying "there was a connection error while attempting to log on", although I know my credentials are correct. Thats with wifi or 3g
--
Posted: 2009-11-26 19:09:53
Page12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home