Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Network Mode 3G lock VS Dual Mode 2G/3G
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Network Mode 3G lock VS Dual Mode 2G/3G Bookmark topic
Page <  123456>

exaflare23 Posts: 227

its just the same dual mode and 3G lock in terms of locking the 3G signal

in dual mode, if the phone detects the strongest signal in the vicinity it will automatically lock into that signal.

let say your phone detects a 3G signals, so you'll assume that your downloading speed will get faster.. then suddenly you will get disappointed because your downloading speed is slow like 2G and it will stopped or slower than 2G.

that is the problem in 3G lock mode, it doesn't mean that your phone detects a 3G, it means that signal is strong.

--
Posted: 2009-12-22 07:36:37
Edit : Quote

Cyborg_a0 Posts: 283

then why do they created 3g lock/umts if that's case?

What is 3g lock/umts for?

[ This Message was edited by: Cyborg_a0 on 2009-12-22 06:44 ]
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 07:42:00

i dont know, im not the inventor

anyway why don't you conduct an experiment?
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 09:16:01

i'm sure they created on purpose, and as for the users sez when downloading you must be 3g lock for the download not to be cut(maputol) ( don't know what is the exact term eh)

and you know pinoy we are bandwith eater we are fun of downloading big files so i think they know the difference between the two, 3g lock and dual mode.

(goodness what a bad english i have today)
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 09:34:00

its ok bro cyborg

just like before try to experiment

disconnecting can't be evaded either you used 3G lock or Dual mode, i've encounter and configured many types of 3G phones and none of them evaded the disconnecting problem, and for the speed the results are the same 3G lock and dual mode,

but i think dual mode is much stable and less the % of chance of disconnecting compare to 3G lock.

as you can see dual mode uses both 3G and 2G signals so if 3G drops, 2G will support.

and 3G lock uses only 1 signal of course, so if 3G drops boom! disconnect!

--
Posted: 2009-12-22 10:58:43

so its a battle between knowledge and experience.

upon what you did is an expirement, hypothesis and conclusions,
but
to them is based on their experience.
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 11:19:00

when you are conducting an experiment you also gaining experience.

im always conducting experiment when someone ask me to configure their phones to have a free internet,

downloading in 3G lock

downloading in dual mode

which setting had the fastest result

which setting disconnects most

and im not just experimenting with 1 phone im using my k800i too to compare with the other phone.

--
Posted: 2009-12-22 12:07:24

when you say experience it means not only once, not twice but many times, i've been reading it for a year this is what they say
'dapat naka3g lock'(must be 3g lock)
till then till now that is what they always say.

I'm only 1yr in fbt that's why i say i only read it for a year, maybe they were doing it for many years.
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 12:17:00

why don't you prove it by your self?

i know that i can't change you thats why im asking you to do experiment so that you can prove it by your self and not just believing in what you have read,

review the posts in the 1st page

i believe on what centur posted but i still conduct some experiment,its not because i have doubt, its because i want to prove it by my self. I believe for what i've said because i've already done it

read your post

how about you? did experienced it? you just believe in what you have read, you believe but you haven't done or tried it yet

--
Posted: 2009-12-22 13:18:03

peace man

im not telling or forcing you to believe me, i want you to try it too because want you to prove it by yourself.
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 13:25:35
Page <  123456>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home