Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Network Mode 3G lock VS Dual Mode 2G/3G
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Network Mode 3G lock VS Dual Mode 2G/3G Bookmark topic
Page <  123456>

Cyborg_a0 Posts: 283

So you really think that the speed won't fluctuate when your phone detect 3g in dual mode, then how do you explain that when someone let me borrowed a 6630 there is a 3g icon and its full bar, and tried downloading the download fluactuates from 6-8kbs then suddenly it boost to 40-50kbs, haven't tried it locked though because he always check what i downloaded, he's asking me download games and mp3. Sorry if i didn't remember this incident, i call it only incident because it's not an experience to me. So if you said i'm wrong about towers then i'm confused what happen to that incident. Im sure it is full bar and also we were in a highland.
--
Posted: 2009-12-24 05:12:00
Edit : Quote

exaflare23 Posts: 227

i didn't say that in dual mode the speed won't fluctuate, of course it does same as 3G lock.

dual mode will choose the strongest signal in your vicinity, it will lock the strongest signal, of course if 3G is the strongest signal in your location your phone will lock on to that signal unless the signal drops and it will switch to the signal that is strong,ok for example the edge is strongest compare to 3G because 3G gets weaker that time a dual mode will automatically choose edge of course. (i know what you've thinking in this situation) you will switch to 3G lock to force your phone to use 3G signal don't you? but that is not advisable. you know why?
because 3G is weak then if you choose 3G lock you are forcing your phone to use a weak signal. and we all know that a weak signal is prone to disconnection and had a slow connection in terms of downloading and browsing, see the difference and my phone have that setting so can't tell me that is just my speculations.

but since im conducting experiments almost everyday when someone ask me a favor to put opera mini on their phones im always comparing the two settings and not just using one phone,but im using diff kinds of 3G phones both s40 and s60.

And what i've noticed was both settings had the same results, i don't know why and i can't figured it out either or what is the exact explanation.

and heres interesting same as what GUCCI found out but not excatly, even theres no 3G coverage a phone set to 3G lock setting can perform what exactly a dual mode can do, don't ask me how,why it happens im just telling what i've noticed in my experiments and im not forcing everybody to believe me because i know everyone can try it.

and im not that kind of people that fools other people or to make other people jealous to tell a fake story of what my phone can do that, i don't want to counter other people's beliefs but i just want them to do the right thing and the best for their mobile phone.

i think this is conversation enough Its just like a battle between two diff religions that competing who had the real god and who had right teaching.

peace be with you bro cyborg and merry xmas

--
Posted: 2009-12-24 14:30:05

On 2009-12-23 15:07:25, GUCCI.011 wrote:
I never use Dual Mode,its awful. Ive got full 3G/HSDPA and GPRS/EDGE in my area,and if i use Dual Mode while browsing the phone constantly switches between the two,then gets all warm and just a pain to use due to the fluctuating download speeds. So i use GSM lock (GPRS and EDGE) most of the time to browse,download email etc. . .and use 3G lock only when downloading larger files like Music,vids etc. . .and also when tethering.

Network Mode 3G lock VS Dual Mode 2G/3G

eheh, ok, peace.
(hehe gling mu sumgot, aus dmi n post cnt ntin d mu b pnsin)

PS
i will add gucci to the list of posters that i read because that is exactly what they say, they don't use dual only 3g lock and gsm lock.

[ This Message was edited by: Cyborg_a0 on 2009-12-24 15:34 ]
--
Posted: 2009-12-24 15:02:00

goarthur77 Posts: 47

Long live, guys!
--
Posted: 2009-12-26 17:14:22

kawaii Posts: 110

whats here?
3g lock
hmmmp
dual mode?
im just a newbo
--
Posted: 2010-01-01 02:34:04

mweaich Posts: 163

Here's my opinion on the subject, I recently joined the ever problematic network MTN but to my surprise the 3G coverage in my area is outstanding, okay okay back to the point, I myself decided to lock on to UTMS Band because when I walked from my bedroom to the lounge I would get disconnected off Mxit, that was because my phone was switching between UTMS and GSM! So I had to lock on to 3G, have not regretted my decision yet, works fine no disconnections and always high speed downloads. So as I read some where else you should always have atleast one bar of 3G signal anywhere if not phone your operator and tell them to increase coverage, they will come out and test the signal if it is low they will up it trust Me!!!!!!!! I vote 3G lock (^^,)
--
Posted: 2010-01-11 15:10:00

boy.in.PINK Posts: > 500

HSDPA is stable if you're on an EDGE signal.. My place has only GPRS so my HSDPA is unstable..
--
Posted: 2010-01-22 12:53:00

almost all sony ericsson phones don't have 3G lock, so it means SE phones are not stable in downloading??
--
Posted: 2010-05-14 08:19:42

i hate dual mode, in my room i got 2 to 4bar(full) but sometimes fall at 1bar and causes it to switch at gsm, and what i hate is, it takes time to switch back to 3g(actually sometimes it never did )

also download speed is slow
using cgi downloading 50mb(actually i never had downloaded it i realized the cgi has 10min limit )

dual mode - 25-35kbs
3g - 38-44kbs

so i prefer gsm and 3g lock, i never switch to dual mode again.
--
Posted: 2010-05-14 08:57:00

On 2010-05-14 08:57:00, Cyborg_a0 wrote:
i hate dual mode, in my room i got 2 to 4bar(full) but sometimes fall at 1bar and causes it to switch at gsm, and what i hate is, it takes time to switch back to 3g(actually sometimes it never did )

also download speed is slow

using cgi downloading 50mb(actually i never had downloaded it i realized the cgi has 10min limit )

dual mode - 25-35kbs

3g - 38-44kbs

so i prefer gsm and 3g lock, i never switch to dual mode again.

so it means SE sucks it terms of downloading because of lack of 3G lock,i conduct an experiment in nokia n70 i tried downloading an mp3 3.5mb size less than 2mins but n70 don't have 3G lock,and it outran may old k800i with same dual mode setting, i can't believe it that time.
--
Posted: 2010-05-14 09:19:40
Page <  123456>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home