Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Nokia : Nokia's Masterplan for 2010
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia's Masterplan for 2010 Bookmark topic
Page123>

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

"At its annual Capital Markets Day, Nokia has laid out its masterplan for 2010 and beyond."
"Nokia CEO, Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, highlighted Nokia's focus on user experience, stating: "In 2010, we will drive user experience improvements, and the progress we make will take the Symbian user interface to a new level. As an operating system, Symbian has reach and flexibility like no other platform, and we have measures in place to push smartphones down to new price points globally, while growing margins."

Highlights from the targets and forecasts:
Nokia expects industry mobile device volumes to be up approximately 10% in 2010, compared to 2009.
Nokia targets its mobile device volume market share to be flat in 2010, compared to 2009.
Nokia targets to increase its mobile device value market share slightly in 2010, compared to 2009.
Nokia continues to target Services net sales of EUR 2 billion or more in 2011.
Nokia continues to target to have 300 million active users for its services by the end of 2011.

In addition to providing its key targets, Nokia also outlined key 'Devices & Services' operational priorities for 2010. These are:
Improve our user experience
Re-engineer our Symbian user interface; deliver a major product milestone before mid-year 2010, and another major product milestone before the end of 2010
Deliver our first Maemo 6-powered mobile computer, with an iconic user experience, in the second half of 2010
Significantly increase the proportion of touch and/or QWERTY devices in our smartphone portfolio
Scale up our Services business by expanding geographically and in partnership with more operators
Provide third party developers with better tools to create applications and content for our Ovi ecosystem
Continue to build on our affordable and localized services offerings for emerging market consumers"
Read on here: http://www.allaboutsymbian.co[....]Nokias_masterplan_for_2010.php
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 08:08:40
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

Nokia offers sneak peak at improved 2010 Symbian user interface (Engadget)

--
Posted: 2009-12-03 13:26:26

anonymuser Posts: > 500

Good luck to them. They'll need it!
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 13:39:06

se_love Posts: > 500

Whoa what happened to Engadget, its now mucho awesome.
Anyway first Maemo device in Q3-Q4 of 2010? Definitely the one Maemo phone route Reuters said. Boinng do you also hate on Nokia?
[ This Message was edited by: se_love on 2009-12-03 12:41 ]

--
Posted: 2009-12-03 13:40:24

Looking forward to that new Symbian UI and the devices that will be running it. ,maybe i should just wait until October2010 to upgrade,looks like it'll be worth it.
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 13:48:19

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Lets hope something good this way comes. I am confident they will do it Nokia know the market well. Though i will say seeing the pic there are they not going to redesign them boring icons for the menu? And 300 million users wow well thats the entire population of America
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 13:58:00

McKinley Posts: > 500

On 2009-12-03 13:48:19, GUCCI.011 wrote:
Looking forward to that new Symbian UI and the devices that will be running it. ,maybe i should just wait until October2010 to upgrade,looks like it'll be worth it.

You will most likely have heard of new things from the rumour mill by then so no point in waiting unless your device is quite decent even by today's standard.
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 14:00:44

anonymuser Posts: > 500

On 2009-12-03 13:40:24, se_love wrote:
Whoa what happened to Engadget, its now mucho awesome.

IMO it's a bit too heavyweight now (too many scripts and things weighing the page down) - looks and works great on an up to date PC/Mac but loads like a dog on some other machines I use, which is a shame, as it means I can't go there so much.

Boinng do you also hate on Nokia?

I don't "hate" on anybody, but I've never been a fan of Nokia's style. One of the things I once loved about SE (and E before that) is they used to leave Nokia for dust on technology grounds, even though they were never as popular. These days it's the other way around if anything, but Nokia's design cues and poor interfaces still put me right off.
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 14:09:03

McKinley
Im waiting for a mid range S60v5 device with newer hardware,thats all,if its available by October il upgrade then,the current ones have the very same CPU and RAM as my current S60, thats my problem with them. So as long as my N81 keeps serving me well as it has these past 2years im happy to wait.
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 14:10:30

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2009-12-03 14:10:30, GUCCI.011 wrote:
McKinley
Im waiting for a mid range S60v5 device with newer hardware,thats all,if its available by October il upgrade then,the current ones have the very same CPU and RAM as my current S60, thats my problem with them. So as long as my N81 keeps serving me well as it has these past 2years im happy to wait.

Gucci, you won't & shouldn't have to wait that long. Symbian^2 or higher is standardized on minimal platform of TI OMAP3430+PowerVR or better. Nokia has no excuse to deliver fancy design like N97 with shite hardware now. N900 is a block and I'm wondering if all those Meamo5 early adopters will be pissed when RX-50 gets announced with Meamo6 on it.

Right now I'll wait to see what Nokia will do with Symbian^2 & the GUI layout. Nokia has a LOT of talk the past 2yrs and I've defended them to the hilt; but I'm long past fedup. So much so that I even gave up on multitasking and hardly miss it using my 3GS. Nokia cannot deliver too much street talk not enough on deliver. SE has a HUGE opportunity here.
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 15:40:36
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home